Redundancy, too good to be true

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by flossy29, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I spent a good thirty minutes trying make sense of the DIN (a good effort on my side may i add) and after i read the preious posts i am more confused!!!!!

There was a mention of 1.5 months pay for every year served ? which would equate to a full screw level 7... who has served for 18 years....

£3600.00 + 1800.00 = £5400.00

£5400.00 x 18 = £97200.00

Far too good to be true !

but however the goverment would save a fair deal in money for wages over the next four years for people who did "cash in" i suppose.

no doubt every AGC wallah will be getting an abundance of bone questions tommorow & thousands of fat pads wives will be relishing the thought of new high heels and ron hills for christmas!

2. £97200.00

That will do me..................If only.................................................................

3. There was a mention of 1.5 months pay for every year served ? which would equate to a full screw level 7... who has served for 18 years....

£3600.00 + 1800.00 = £5400.00

£5400.00 x 18 = £97200.00

Far too good to be true !

I would check your figures as well.

If you are correct i am reverting to Cpl now.

I am a WO1, Level 1 higher payband and my basic pay is £3500 pm, so i can't see a Cpl being on more than that.

Unfortunately i wouldn't get offered redundency, only 17 months to push, only 3 WO1 in my trade gp and one of those slots is gapped.

4. Drifter21; wouldn't be too sure about not getting the big offer. I know it's the Silver Service but the last round of redundancy saw my boss put in for it. He had 3 months to push but got it. So my advice is get it in if you possibly can.

5. Norfolk

Oh aye :)

trouble is, the next crop of pot WO1's in my trade aren't elligble for promotion until Apr 2012, so at present i can't be replaced, although that traffic cone is moving closer to my desk each day.

6. It also goes on to say that redundees who have served 18 years or more will get an Immedate Pension and that their Special Capital Payment will be restricted to a max of 9 months pay. Tax free of course

7. The DIN isn't that clear - has anyone invented a whizzy calculator yet, that can work out just how much you'd get at a point in time? A bit like the pension calculator.

8. Read Statutory instrument 2010 No 832 for the likely direction for redundancy money. Surprise, surprise it won't be anything like you think and was put in place earlier this year by the outgoing government. You can google it, as I did then read it & weep!

9. Cpl on 3600 per month!! Factor in a bit of FIA then woohoo that's a hell of a wage :)

10. It's not 1.5 x time served............It's 1.5 x time left.

11. So what's all this about:

?

I wish they'd put in in plain bloody English.

12. dec and jans pathfinders (i think) have a load of stuff in on this very subject.

13. Just read and re-read the DIN. I'm 18+ years-in (qual'd for IP) so that's me scuppered...

14. Why?

and 1ten0