Redundancy rejoin

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by CrocodileRedundee, Apr 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Just a quick query, volunteered for redundancy and got it, now questioning my decision. I was wondering if there was a way back in for people like me, I'm 31 years old and served 9 years in the AAC. I'm not too fussy about what regiment I rejoin into (if I can at all). Any info/advice welcome.

2. Try asking at the Recruiting office. With the next round coming up, I wouldnt hold your breath.

3. Yeah, that was my next step, was just testing the water before taking the plunge.

4. Was hoping there might be an opening in a pinch point trade or something.

5. Way, way back when I remember having a redundee come back via an S type engagement, having joined the TA as an interim measure. If you get desperate it might be a way back.

6. Pardon my ignorance of HR, S Type egagement?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. Thanks, I'm still within the acceptable age range (just) so an S Type engagement isn't needed at the mo, but it's food for thought.

8. With the very limited amount of Re-joins each year it is very unlikely to happen, if the 203 Special Enlistment was accepted by MCM however then I was expect a massive amount of Redundancy money would have to be re-paid.....those who have had redundancy then tried to get in to the MPGS found this out. All you can do is ask the question.

9. I did hear that the redundancy money would have to be paid back but at a rate of two days pay a month or some such. Not too sure on that, that's my next line of enquiry after the feasibility of getting back in has been established!

10. msr

msr LE

Or join the TA and volunteer for an op tour

11. That's plan B!

12. As already said, find a pinch point trade. Look at Ammo Tech. But don't hold your breath.