Redundancy/recruiting

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PLANK, Oct 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I don't know if this is the correct forum but here goes ??
    Whilst the (all) forces are cutting down on manpower WHY ARE THERE RECRUITING ADVERTS FOR THE ARMY ??? Thes are shown on Ch 3 and some newspapers.

2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Take a wild guess or apply some intellectual analysis. Go on, try it you might surprise yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. you'll notice that alot of the adverts posted about the internet and on the tele are about the infantry, infantry soldiers are in higher demand to most others as these are most likely to leave the army or perish on the battlefeild

4. If you stop recruiting then at some point in the future you'll have no Private ranks left in the Army. Simple as that. The people they're getting rid of are mostly above (some well above) Pte. Sack a WO1 and you'll start a promotion chain that eventually means one of your Privates is going to end up as a Lance Jack and leave a space for a shiny new recruit.

5. It ain't rocket science. Check out the Manning levels on certain grades of SNCO & trades. Lots of spare capacity there so they can afford to get rid. Seems to be part of the reason the FTRS appt's are now few & far between. Its a shit sandwich for some people but thats the way it goes.

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

To the OP -

**** me, I'm an ex-Infantryman, and even I can work this one out......

As advised, think about it for thirty seconds (OK, for you, two minutes) before posting next time maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  7. As he said. Ex inf here too.
    Not Pioneers are you by any chance?

8. The OP is right!

Get rid of the privates and just have an Army full of Officers and WO1s.