• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Redundancy package

In the near future my Bn is to be disbanded.

I will have completed just under 11 years and hold the rank of lance corporal in an infantry regiment.

Any ideas as to what my redundancy package would be??

to_be_disbanded said:
On 1st August 2007 my regiment is to be disbanded.

I will have completed just under 11 years and hold the rank of lance corporal in an infantry regiment.

Journo alert

MODBloke said:
to_be_disbanded said:
On 1st August 2007 my regiment is to be disbanded.

Journo alert
I agree. However, if you are genuine go along to your RAO who should be able to do you a forecast from Unicom.

Boney

B

Biscuits_AB

Who told you that you were being made redundant? JUst because your unit is being disbanded doesn't mean that you will lose your job. You certainly won't be told about it at this early stage.

Mind you, a LCpl with 11 yrs in?............you might want to get your ticket in for voluntary redundancy........I don't think anyone will hold you back.

Biscuits dont knock me. My take home is over £2000 on a 31 day month. I don't need rank.

You're obviously very naive to the rest of the forces, and you don't read the news.

B

Biscuits_AB

And even if all of that were true.........you might find that you will be SNLR'd beforehand. Which given your currently advertised position, would be quite acceptable.

Like I said, just because your unit is disbanding, doesn't mern that it'll be jolly handouts all round.

You may wish to seriously consider your future. It hasn't exactly been 'rosy' in the mob now, has it?

11yrs to Lance Jack?

Biscuits.

There are facts about myself,and the future, and official information which we have been given, but i dont wish to post it on here.

So please. Stop your spam posts, give me a bit of respect, and let me get on with sorting out my life. Thankyou.

Now it seems to me that there is a general theme on this site. We are all nice have a laugh people. No one slags off anone else (too badly) unless you come on here with the attitude of a cnut. If you come on here and slate everybody else who are just seeing if you are genuine and looking after the good of the site by making sure you arn't a journo swiping for ammo, then you will recieve answers that arn't quite what you were looking for.

please and thankyou would be a start!

theer must be really good reasons why 11 years in your still a lance jack, but quite honestly I don't care. I thnk the answers to your problem are good ones and the rest your managed to bring upon yourself in a short space of bad attitude

I have a good sense of humour, however put yourself in my position? I'm sure if it was your future, you'd be serious about it too.

I asked for information on redundancies, not a career analysis. If you can't help, don't comment. I've got enough on my plate at the minute. Understand that please.....

B

Biscuits_AB

And you certainly do need to sort your life out, if your track record is anything to go by.

So, you have been told that you are to be made redundant have you? You have the documentation in front of you then? If so, why not go through the official chain?

Sounds to me that you are expecting to get the 'heave ho'........and that you've been expecting it for some time.

Give you some respect...........LOL. Yeah, OK.

to_be_disbanded said:
I have a good sense of humour, however put yourself in my position? I'm sure if it was your future, you'd be serious about it too.

I asked for information on redundancies, not a career analysis. If you can't help, don't comment. I've got enough on my plate at the minute. Understand that please.....
If you're really serious go and see your admin office. So what if its unavilable on UNICOM they will have paperwork to back it all up, so they can give out the information to whingers like you.

11 yrs you say???? Not bad......

I hear promotion is faster in McDonalds. You just got to say.......

"You want fries with that sir?" Easy!!!!

Oneshot said:
Now it seems to me that there is a general theme on this site. We are all nice have a laugh people. No one slags off anone else (too badly) unless you come on here with the attitude of a cnut. If you come on here and slate everybody else who are just seeing if you are genuine and looking after the good of the site by making sure you arn't a journo swiping for ammo, then you will recieve answers that arn't quite what you were looking for.

please and thankyou would be a start!

theer must be really good reasons why 11 years in your still a lance jack, but quite honestly I don't care. I thnk the answers to your problem are good ones and the rest your managed to bring upon yourself in a short space of bad attitude
It is the fact that through no fault of their own soldiers can and will be, regardless of their competence, passed over for promotion. What this leads to is a skills base at a lower level which is far in advance of what you would have if everyone was promoted as they deserved to be. so what's the point in high-lighting an 11 yr Lcpl?

If you are going to be made Redundant you will be notified next year. Not in the press. You will not be MCPd, SNLR ect. so wait out.

B

Biscuits_AB

Yes_Sir! said:
to_be_disbanded said:

If you're really serious go and see your admin office. So what if its unavilable on UNICOM they will have paperwork to back it all up, so they can give out the information to whingers like you.

11 yrs you say???? Not bad......

I hear promotion is faster in McDonalds. You just got to say.......

"You want fries with that sir?" Easy!!!!
I'm luvin it!!!!!!!

to_be_disbanded said:
Biscuits dont knock me. My take home is over £2000 on a 31 day month. I don't need rank.

You're obviously very naive to the rest of the forces, and you don't read the news.
How?

Do you not pay tax?

I know that a level 9 (higher rate) lance jack gets £2126.91 per month before deductions. How do you manage to take home over £2000?

Not having a dig, just curious.

Funny you noticed that. Some people need to learn to be quiet regarding such things.

The Home Service are very expensive to run as they tend not to work "locally" for obvious reasons so have to travel to their Bn.

So it is a very large Respod bonus and others. 5hr/12 hr claims etc

It is easy to see how a standard wage is bumped up. LOL they fellas aint stupid :wink:

However the Forces whether full time or NI Home service, it has not been a "job for life" for many many years, should of read the newspapers and not the Sun! This was on the cards for a while and you were told to expect a 2 year drawdown, just a shame you never thought it would happen.

We knew there were going to be changes.As far as we were concerned we were going to be part of the 5000 troops left in the province. Only 6 weeks ago, in Parliament, it was stated that there were no plans to disband the RIR. Just six weeks!!!

At the moment the lid is being kept on the redundancy packages. The redundancy feature on UNICOM is no longer available to us. Hence I was just trying to find out what i could expect by other means.

Just a word for the guys that are having a laugh at my situation:

I also wasn't aware of it when i was General Service either. Do a bit of research on the Home Service and you'll find 12 - 21 year Privates are common. Why would we bother? We don't get SNLR'd. I have Privates in my platoon who are taking home £2200 a month. Command courses are there if you want them in Home Service, unlike the Regular Army. Why do you think i transferred?

All of us own our own houses and are halfway through our mortgages, because our rate of pay gave us a good start. The only reason i want to know about the package, is cos i have £20k left to pay on my mortgage til my 3-Bedroom house in a nice area is paid for. Then I'm away to work abroad.

Enjoy trying to get on the housing ladder. Sucks to be you...

to_be_disbanded said:
We knew there were going to be changes.As far as we were concerned we were going to be part of the 5000 troops left in the province.
No - As has been mentioned in other threads, you were formed for a specific role. If/when that role ends...so does the requirement for that part of the force.

Do a bit of research on the Home Service and you'll find 12 - 21 year Privates are common. Why would we bother? We don't get SNLR'd. I have Privates in my platoon who are taking home £2200 a month.
Lets face it - I think that all of us would be privates for £2200 take home pay per month! FFS!

All of us own our own houses and are halfway through our mortgages, because our rate of pay gave us a good start. The only reason i want to know about the package, is cos i have £20k left to pay on my mortgage til my 3-Bedroom house in a nice area is paid for. Then I'm away to work abroad.
Why can't you work abroad anyway and continue to pay your mortgage?

I think that the distinctive financial flavour to your posts tends to detract from otherwise valid posts.

Latest Threads