Redundancy Blues ...

You seem to be under some illusion that anyone GAF about you?....and I think you find out how well liked you were/are by the bods giving you their mobile and offering to have a beer with you, not judging it by your own standards.

It appears that a phone box seems to be big enough for that leaving pi55 up , and as for being a strong chap, hmm? yes, you teary exit shows the opposite....... bet you never even stole anything good on the way out or left some kind of delayed action bomb/glitch in the IT system.

Man the feck up amigo, - still at least you left them something to laugh and talk about on the next work day about as they watched your pathetic hang dog expression as you slunk out like a whipped cur.

FFS Mate, you should have bluffed the feck out of it and smiled like a lottery winner on speed and left with a cheery 'So long suckers, you can all kiss my arrse'...followed by a cheeky wink.

Good luck, don't let the feckers get to you .... oh wait!
Seems you are actually a bit of a cnut.

Anyway, should defend myself to you? Hmmm, maybe clear a point or two. You have absolutely no idea about how liked I was or not so you're at the least guessing. I didn't steal anything or leave any bombs or glitches, or shit in a draw, I have standards. I did indeed walk out with my head high and smiling, folks hugging me and patting me on the back till I was in privacy, I'm not a cnut.

Last edited:
Seems you are actually a bit of a cnut.

Anyway, should defend myself to you? Hmmm, maybe clear a point or two. You have absolutely no idea about how liked I was or not so you're at the least guessing. I didn't steal anything or leave any bombs or glitches, or shit in a draw, I have standards. I did indeed walk out with my head high and smiling, folks hugging me and patting me on the back till I was in privacy, I'm not a cnut.
looool, easy dude,...i'm more than a bit of a cnut , in fact, i'm a total cnut (happy now?) but will never walk away from feck all tearfully - or like a beaten to feck pussy, as you freely admitted. ....so really, who's the cnut now?

You think that someone, some how GAF about you?...... Really?

Yep, in the cnut stakes, you feature pretty high as you are under the impression that what you gave to your organisation was worth more than an instantly forgettable ****?

This time next week or even tomorrow , means feck all to them.... soon as you accept that , the better you'll be able to deal with it.

Go visit after Xmas , see if you can find one person who GAF about you....

Harsh but fair ..... don't forget to take your tissues.

I consider myself very fortunate not to have to go through this crap. I’m not rich, but I’ll live comfortably and not have the stresses and strains of a working life.

Just make sure you make space in your diary for a beer with me when I’m cruising Britain in my camper van*.

* I’m sorry but I won’t be visiting Leeds, Bradford or Rochdale.
If you are ever in Moray give me a shout and we can maybe have a malt together

I'm taking a break until the new year. Give myself time to absorb and get a business plan together, or several to be honest. The Memsaab has a list of jobs that have needed to be done for ages. So that is the 'busy' part sorted out. However what you say about keeping busy and doing things is right on the button. I've always been an active bunny, running around like a blue ass, so I have to keep active or I'll crash.

@_scranbag Hmmm, signing on. Never done it but I suppose I'll make an apointment and have an interview.

@Joshua Slocum I like the idea of a plan, I've always been that sort of chap. Training or brainwashing? Who cares! It works!
Just a suggestion, the Aussie economy turned to shit last year, and I was 'between assignments' for most of it.

I finished my novel, it was quite good fun to reinvent myself as a struggling writer rather than a unemployed accountant.

This year has been better, with only about six weeks of downtime.

However, remain positive, things WILL get better and you WILL find another job.

it's just the modern world, companies only want hired guns in senior professional roles.

Last edited:
looool, easy dude,...i'm more than a bit of a cnut , in fact, i'm a total cnut (happy now?) but will never walk away from feck all tearfully - or like a beaten to feck pussy, as you freely admitted. ....so really, who's the cnut now?

You think that someone, some how GAF about you?...... Really?

Yep, in the cnut stakes, you feature pretty high as you are under the impression that what you gave to your organisation was worth more than an instantly forgettable ****?

This time next week or even tomorrow , means feck all to them.... soon as you accept that , the better you'll be able to deal with it.

Go visit after Xmas , see if you can find one person who GAF about you....

Harsh but fair ..... don't forget to take your tissues.

You fat gobby prick.

You fat gobby prick.

Good Morning Mucka.
Anything else to add?...some kind of contribution regarding how fortunate Cying boy was to have had 25 years of constant employment and now leaves that with a good few bob in his sky rocket? - or are you just going to gob off and be allowed to do so by the Mods?

Whatever you do (and good luck for the future) make sure you do something, sign on, small job etc to keep those NI contributions being paid or credited
If I had my time again (I am three years from early retirement), I would probably skip the corporate career and go and be a postman
My mate from the pub is one, £30k a year, 6 -7am start and he’s in the pub every afternoon

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it. But when I got bounced. I have to admit I was stunned.
But given the environment, word went round like shit through a goose. One of the techies grabbed me at the door and said. ‘Stop, think. Is there anything we can do’?
My world had just caved, all the security bods were lined up to shake my hand on the way out the door. ( they usually applaud). I was like, ****. and he’s going ‘’Skid. Think’.

‘Wipe my computer, it’s the only Apple in the office’.

He did. I’d no paperwork at the tribunal.........more importantly neither had they.

“Just remember son, your role has been made redundant, not you. You’re still every bit as good as you were yesterday.”

Sage advice.

I would have listened in further, but I was too busy crying at not being selected. :grin:
Reminds me of conversation I had with a REME sgt once. I was an engineer sprog and had been in the unit about two months.

We were having a fag together (back when I smoked) outside the accommodation (we were on tour and sleeping in what I think was a warehouse). He told me he started smoking when they were making redundancies in the 90s.

I asked him why, nervous about losing your job?

His straight faced and serious answer - no, nervous that he wouldn’t be chosen.

Good Morning Mucka.
Anything else to add?...some kind of contribution regarding how fortunate Cying boy was to have had 25 years of constant employment and now leaves that with a good few bob in his sky rocket? - or are you just going to gob off and be allowed to do so by the Mods?
Nah I just dislike kike cockney pricks. Especially the fat gobby ones.

Well that's it, I'm now unemployed.

In the past where a long term employee leaves there was a whip-round, a card signed by all, speech recanting past deeds and funny moments, a presentation of some suitable gift purchased with the proceeds, if you like fishing a new reel etc. Apart from shooting I happen to like watches. You get the idea.

I wasn't the only one being made redundant that day, both of us got this so it wasn't just me. Moral is now so low now that non of the mangers bothered to be there, a card signed by just my immediate team (only got that because a friend botherd), no whip-round, no presentation or speech, no gift feck all. I was given the card by a junior manager rather apologetically with a mumbled 'this has been handled poorly'. Everyone there said it was piss poor and they were all disgusted. If I was not liked I could see that of course but that was not the case, I know I was well liked and respected. I just left my keycard and walked out the door alone. Half angry half in tears and I'm a strong chap so it takes a lot to do that to me!

So that's what I'm worth after 25 years service?

Screw 'em!

So I finished up yesterday as well. Pretty much the same send off as yourself (although only 7 years service) but I can't really complain as there were only three others left, and two of them are currently at risk of redundancy.

Given that 3 years ago there were 63 of us in the office that's now whittled down to: 3 in the office (currently relocating), 5 or so working from home, 4 who've relocated to Aberdeen and the rest having been laid off.....we stopped doing cards and gifts some time ago.

But I'll take the money and be glad I'm out of it.

Well that's it, I'm now unemployed.

In the past where a long term employee leaves there was a whip-round, a card signed by all, speech recanting past deeds and funny moments, a presentation of some suitable gift purchased with the proceeds, if you like fishing a new reel etc. Apart from shooting I happen to like watches. You get the idea.

I wasn't the only one being made redundant that day, both of us got this so it wasn't just me. Moral is now so low now that non of the mangers bothered to be there, a card signed by just my immediate team (only got that because a friend botherd), no whip-round, no presentation or speech, no gift feck all. I was given the card by a junior manager rather apologetically with a mumbled 'this has been handled poorly'. Everyone there said it was piss poor and they were all disgusted. If I was not liked I could see that of course but that was not the case, I know I was well liked and respected. I just left my keycard and walked out the door alone. Half angry half in tears and I'm a strong chap so it takes a lot to do that to me!

So that's what I'm worth after 25 years service?

Screw 'em!
A difficult one there mukka. Especially if you've given 25 years service.

Civil world. I've seen so many redundancies (never been made redundant, yet). I move companies about every 2-4 years. I will work hard when I'm with them, but I give absolute zero loyalty to them. I give not one f..k when giving my notice. Because as far as I'm concerned, they give not one f..k to the employees. I take their money and it pays my mortgage.
I find after 2-4 years, I've had enough of people and politics at that company, so I move on. It also usually means a pay rise moving, so it keeps me ahead of inflation (in real terms with earnings).

The above happens because I've seen the bean counters get rid of people (so many times now) right before Xmas. Head count reduction to balance the books. Usually followed by recruitment drive 3-6 months later. I do understand chopping the "dead wood" from companies, but I've seen too many good people go too.
Companies? I shit 'em. And I will use them for every penny I can get from them. They are "lucky" that the side effect of me taking their money is that I work hard.
It would be nice to work for myself one day. One day.

We're you wearing a white vest when you typed that? Fat gobby **** .
Ha ha.... you don't even know if I really am 6ft 3in & 17 stone, yet still feel able to gob off?

Nice one...keep up the amusing responses

Anyhoo, about your contribution to this redundancy thread. Any actual experiences of the ole' redundo game and how to cope or deal with it?

Did you also hold your leaving do in a phone box, wondering why no one really GAF? and not acknowledging that SDB will get the same level of consideration as he has shown to all the others who had been let go or fecked off in the 25 years that he was there? ....Dare say he can't even remember the bloke whose job he took 25 years ago...why would he?

Some people need to grown a thicker fecking skin and give thanks that they had 25 years continuous employment and a wad of dosh when they left.

...and you need to let people speak for themselves instead of white knighting and sticking your beak in, you fecking gopping goy cnut.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Reminds me of conversation I had with a REME sgt once. I was an engineer sprog and had been in the unit about two months.

We were having a fag together (back when I smoked) outside the accommodation (we were on tour and sleeping in what I think was a warehouse). He told me he started smoking when they were making redundancies in the 90s.

I asked him why, nervous about losing your job?

His straight faced and serious answer - no, nervous that he wouldn’t be chosen.
The multinational I used to work for used to pay something over a months redundancy pay for a year's service. I knew I'd walk away with about 14 months pay, largely tax free. When the big boss rang up, full of crocodile tears, to say I was being made redundant, I think he expected me be be disappointed.

Nope; my reaction was "bring it on, and when can I have my cheque"?

Didn't go down to well.

Mortgage paid off and a better paid job inside 6 months...

Wordsmith