Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redundancies

ches

LE
What everyone has said, take the money with no regrets. Its a win. One thing to consider too, if any one who was binned was furloughed, the money the company 'saved' not having to pay wages during furlough, pretty much covers most redundancy packages. Happened to me - i came out of it with just shy of 16k package, doing the calcs on the wages paid by HM Govt while I was furloughed the w@nkers i worked for were still quids in in savings when adding up the months on furlough. I suspect many companies have used the system to their advantage.

if any one who was binned was furloughed, the money the company 'saved' not having to pay wages during furlough, pretty much covers most redundancy packages. Happened to me - i came out of it with just shy of 16k package, doing the calcs on the wages paid by HM Govt while I was furloughed the w@nkers i worked for were still quids in in savings when adding up the months on furlough.

If you have been furloughed, you have done no work for the company & therefore produced no income for the company ?

However the company will have paid your NI & holiday pay whilst on furlough, most of the operating cost of the business will eg buildings, vehicles, utilities will still have to be paid along with some staff to run the co. whilst its operating with a reduced income ?

Latest Threads