Reduced camp rules

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar69, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reduced camp, 10 days or 9 ?
  2. msr

msr LE

PART 3 - ANNUAL CAMP General

2.081. a. Subject to the exceptions shown in Part 2, all TA personnel are required either to attend annual in camp training for a period of 15 continuous days, or alternative training or service as specified at paras 2.031, 2.085, 2.098, 7.055, and 7.076 unless authority has been granted for a lower training commitment as defined at para 2.036. (See para 2.004 for legal liabilities.)

b. Exceptionally for business or domestic reasons an individual may be granted authority to attend his unit camp for a reduced period of not less than 8 days. The balance to complete 15 days being made up by attending extra out of camp training.

c. Authority to attend a reduced unit camp, training or service in lieu of camp is to be shown on the CO ’ s Certificate of Efficiency and issued by the commanding officer by 30 April following a normal training year or 30 July following an extended training year. (See also para 2.058.)

You really should be able to find this out for yourself by looking at TA Regs on armynet.

3. What MSR said - confirmed, I did it a few years ago - I was also told that you can only do it once in a given time period (I think it was every 2 training years).
  4. msr

msr LE

d. No TA member may be given authority to serve on the lower training commitment for more than 2 years in any one period of 5 years without the authority of the Div/Dist Commander.
  5. That's the badger!
  6. Cheers guys, I've done reduced camps before and had conflicting opinions from those "in the know"

msr net is faster than armynet :D
  7. Deep within TA Regs you will also find that it is within the gift of the CO to have a 8+ day camp for the whole Unit.....taste of things to come perhaps?
  8. What century was that written in? I've already spent a continuous period in uniform (for 2 Sig Bde & Sqn) but I'm on a reduced camp in Sept
  9. msr

msr LE