Reduced bounty for some?

#1
I've heard a rumour that those unwilling to mobilise for Ops, will from next year get a reduced bounty. Not that I'm bothered by this having done several tours and have volunteered for Afg, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this?
 
#2
sounds like a great idea to me, get rid of the last of the dregs,
I know the buzz word at the moment is "enablers" but some of them should just join the ACF,
waste of rations despite the quals they may or may not hold
 
#4
spad said:
sounds like a great idea to me, get rid of the last of the dregs,
I know the buzz word at the moment is "enablers" but some of them should just join the ACF,
waste of rations despite the quals they may or may not hold
Applicable to those who don't want to do an Op tour! What about those of us who have repeatedly put our names down only to be told that there’s no need for our trades anywhere?

Stag on mother f*cker? Wrong, I didn’t spend 5 years learning a trade to stag on at Bastion or provide top-cover.

To be honest, my main reason to go on Ops would be to do my trade for a prolonged period of time thus making me better at my “job”.

A: To move to either Infantry or Medic Unit to get on tour. Wrong, I’m neither.

I’m not in the TA because I want to go on tour, I want go on tour because I’m in the TA (and it should be part of the job).
 
#5
Cavalier said:
I’m not in the TA because I want to go on tour, I want go on tour because I’m in the TA (and it should be part of the job).
Go regular then.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#6
Cavalier said:
spad said:
sounds like a great idea to me, get rid of the last of the dregs,
I know the buzz word at the moment is "enablers" but some of them should just join the ACF,
waste of rations despite the quals they may or may not hold
Applicable to those who don't want to do an Op tour! What about those of us who have repeatedly put our names down only to be told that there’s no need for our trades anywhere?

Stag on mother f*cker? Wrong, I didn’t spend 5 years learning a trade to stag on at Bastion or provide top-cover.

To be honest, my main reason to go on Ops would be to do my trade for a prolonged period of time thus making me better at my “job”.

A: To move to either Infantry or Medic Unit to get on tour. Wrong, I’m neither.

I’m not in the TA because I want to go on tour, I want go on tour because I’m in the TA (and it should be part of the job).
So there is no need for your trade on Op HERRICK? Don't worry so much about the bounty as about the existence of your unit post SDR.
 
#7
msr said:
Cavalier said:
I’m not in the TA because I want to go on tour, I want go on tour because I’m in the TA (and it should be part of the job).
Go regular then.
Surely that would be the other way around? if I wanted to go on tour (for definite) what better way than sign up a reg??

I feel that I owe it to my training/TA "career", personal development to go on Ops.
 
#8
The_Duke said:
So there is no need for your trade on Op HERRICK? Don't worry so much about the bounty as about the existence of your unit post SDR.
I'm not worried about the bounty - not getting it this year and I'm not crying over it. (insert done to death generic "I'm not here for the financial 'perks'" speech).

There is need for the ICS Ops on HERRICK yes, but: all filled with regs, not being trawled for, not being offered, not having any information via the usual routes.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#9
Cavalier said:
The_Duke said:
So there is no need for your trade on Op HERRICK? Don't worry so much about the bounty as about the existence of your unit post SDR.
I'm not worried about the bounty - not getting it this year and I'm not crying over it. (insert done to death generic "I'm not here for the financial 'perks'" speech).

There is need for the ICS Ops on HERRICK yes, but: all filled with regs, not being trawled for, not being offered, not having any information via the usual routes.
So my comments stands - There is no operational requirement for mobilising you in your TA specialisation. Unless that situation is likely to change, or you are relying on the Emperor's new clothes UK Ops ORBAT then your role will be looked at very closely for budget purposes.

I am not saying it is right, or fair, but it is the harsh reality. Retrading may well become something you have to give some serious thought to if you wish to soldier on.
 
#10
And for what it's worth, I agree that Bounty should reflect commitment rather than ability to pass a few MATTs.

However, you’re making a rod for your own back – what happens when you don’t go on tour one year….will you be happy with reduced or no bounty? Or is it acceptable to say that once you’ve done one Op tour, you’re untouchable?

Moreover, we should be required to sign on every year (like HRR) with the same three levels of commitment. Bounty can then be calculated based on that level of commitment!
 
#11
The_Duke said:
I am not saying it is right, or fair, but it is the harsh reality. Retrading may well become something you have to give some serious thought to if you wish to soldier on.
I agree but (here's the tear-jerker) until that day comes, I'll carry on doing what I'm trained to do and strive to be the best I can be at it!

Doesn't mean I should be a social outcast just because there isn't a gap in trades on Ops!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#12
Cavalier said:
The_Duke said:
I am not saying it is right, or fair, but it is the harsh reality. Retrading may well become something you have to give some serious thought to if you wish to soldier on.
I agree but (here's the tear-jerker) until that day comes, I'll carry on doing what I'm trained to do and strive to be the best I can be at it!

Doesn't mean I should be a social outcast just because there isn't a gap in trades on Ops!
Isn't a gap right now? No real problem. No gaps for the forseeable future? Potentially a huge problem.

On a more positive note, in the meantime you are enjoying the view from the moral high ground as at least you are trying to get out there and do your job.
 
#13
Cav no way was my comments meant towards guys like you,
I myself am crying out for a tour and I’m not as fussy as you! (I even got the MSR reply of go reg)

But you and everyone else knows there are people out there who would never do a tour and would do anything to get out of it,

My unit needs seniors we've got more seniors then Jnr yet we can’t fill 1 post every 6 months without problems,
cause lots of fat knackers who are "enablers" are still in wasting rations,

yes we do have other guys who for family or job issues don’t want to stick their hand up either.

but to the family man why are you more important than a singly? yes your family will miss you, but a singles family will miss them too and if we even go to the money route most family will be better off with the lump sum upon your death, no mortgage and some spare change, ( and yes I live in the south so I know all about how fecking expensive it is!)

but all in all remember FAMILY WORK TA
 
#14
Cavalier said:
spad said:
sounds like a great idea to me, get rid of the last of the dregs,
I know the buzz word at the moment is "enablers" but some of them should just join the ACF,
waste of rations despite the quals they may or may not hold
Applicable to those who don't want to do an Op tour! What about those of us who have repeatedly put our names down only to be told that there’s no need for our trades anywhere?

Stag on mother f*cker? Wrong, I didn’t spend 5 years learning a trade to stag on at Bastion or provide top-cover.

To be honest, my main reason to go on Ops would be to do my trade for a prolonged period of time thus making me better at my “job”.

A: To move to either Infantry or Medic Unit to get on tour. Wrong, I’m neither.

I’m not in the TA because I want to go on tour, I want go on tour because I’m in the TA (and it should be part of the job).
To be honest i'd even settle for that, FTRS is a no go because of no rank or Drivers Licence, no tour because they dont want a class 3 CS op, either on guard or doing signals.
 
#16
Can't go on ops for 18months (apparently).
Wonder if i'll still get bounty or at least a reduced bounty this year for finishing Phase One Training

I guess i'll ask my PSI :D
 
#17
Ha ha, we had a rumour flying around a couple of weekends ago relating to those who recently demobbed from Herrick 10- 'you have only done half a year in the TA so you will only get half a bounty'! FFS
 
#18
762baynet said:
Ha ha, we had a rumour flying around a couple of weekends ago relating to those who recently demobbed from Herrick 10- 'you have only done half a year in the TA so you will only get half a bounty'! FFS
thats been said a couple of times mainly after T1
its a load of BS and which ever psi or psao said it needs to look at the rules,

you have to do a % of the training so if you were stab for 2 months of that training year you do 2 days (based on 28 day min requirement)

I have seen the regs cause when i came back this was spoutted to us, and my staffy who was with me looked it up and then told them to go poke!

i enjoyed that bounty more than normal :)

I'm sure MSR or one of the others could dig out the chapter and versue if there board
 
#19
spad said:
762baynet said:
Ha ha, we had a rumour flying around a couple of weekends ago relating to those who recently demobbed from Herrick 10- 'you have only done half a year in the TA so you will only get half a bounty'! FFS
thats been said a couple of times mainly after T1
its a load of BS and which ever psi or psao said it needs to look at the rules,

you have to do a % of the training so if you were stab for 2 months of that training year you do 2 days (based on 28 day min requirement)

I have seen the regs cause when i came back this was spoutted to us, and my staffy who was with me looked it up and then told them to go poke!

i enjoyed that bounty more than normal :)

I'm sure MSR or one of the others could dig out the chapter and versue if there board
I have not heard it before, and far as I am concerned it is a wind-up. You either qualify for bounty or you dont. Allegedly the RAO is behind it and he has checked it out thoroughly......
 
#20
we had the situation where guys had come back feb and were told they needed to do a 2 week camp whilst still in potl, prams and dummys where thrown
i came back in march and had done 60 days before i was mobed so i was safe but they still checked into the other 3 guys who came back with me and the cpl was 5 days short of the 28 days hence why i found out about it

when your mobed you have to do the amount of days applicable to the amount of STABBING you've done that training year,

but of course we all do it for the love not the money :)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Army Reserve 15
Jagythistle Army Reserve 6
Cornfed Army Reserve 8

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top