Redress of CR Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Rich3236, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

This is my first post so bear with me.

I got a shocking CR and i am due to redress it with the 2IC, Does anyone know where i can find the MS marking standards for the CR's.

It is like a sheet with a paragraph for what you need to fit in to to get you boxes ticked on page 2 of your CR.

My clerks have been helpfull as usual and just said they don't know.

Rich3236

2. I recommend that you post this question in the AGC forum below this in the list. However, I hope this is useful,

A useful reference you may wish to read is :

THE MILITARY SECRETARY'S GUIDE TO SOLDIERS' CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS Army Code 62051 - Revised May 2006

This details how reports should be written.

There is also an AGAI,

AGAIs Vol 2 CHAPTER 070 - MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION OF COMPLAINTS Issue No. 167

which deals with Redress that you should read. Also be advised that your redress must be objective and you must be clear what it is you are redressing and what action you want, ie this line changed to ***.

Additionally, you cannot redress opinion and alot of a CR is subjective, ie the RO's opinion of you.

Enjoy :)

3. You need to get hold of a copy of 'The Military Secretary's Guide to Soldier's Confidential Reports' Army Code No 62051. Chapter 3 deals with assessing personal and supervisory qualities and employment proficiency. The latest version I have is from 2006. JSP 757 deals with the same issues in the JPA era. If your report is on a 2048 the MS guide will be appropriate. Good Luck.

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

did you have a mid year?

5. If these were clerks of mine I would have torn them a new a**hole :x Tell me what unit you are with and I will :twisted: Name and shame - it's the only game :twisted:

6. Yeah had a mid year, it was good.

I will try find JSP 757 and give that a go. It was on a 2048, Xenophon, are you near a fax machine? could you send me the copy from 2006? it would be a big help even if it is slightly out of date?

Wont name and shame until after my redress is complete, then i will shame away. Lol.

7. If your mid year was good and you have had no "counselling" since then but got a significally different annual report, you have a very good case regardless of the guidelines.

8. You could just ignore it and get your head down. The c**t can only be posted in for so long so it'll probably be someone else who write's next year's report.

If you make a big fuss, you'll be branded a tosser in the handover- even if/when you win your redress - and that could lead to another crappy CR next year.