Redonda (in the Caribbean) - an initial expression of interest in a Project? Free accommodation

Might there be any any interest from RE, Scaleys, Rock climbers, pragmatic infanteers etc who'd be interested in helping setting up a field research base on the uninhabited island of Redonda. The old manager's office has been derelict for multiple multiple multiple decades (a ruin) , but might well be a base for future biological surveys. Old school pragmatic types would be needed. The base would be used intermittently by visiting scientists as one of the places being restored...but very remote etc......for more info please do contact...delicate flowers need not apply as ever!!!! :) FB @AntiguaMarineLife ;-)

Might there be any any interest from RE, Scaleys, Rock climbers, pragmatic infanteers etc who'd be interested in helping setting up a field research base on the uninhabited island of Redonda. The old manager's office has been derelict for multiple multiple multiple decades (a ruin) , but might well be a base for future biological surveys. Old school pragmatic types would be needed. The base would be used intermittently by visiting scientists as one of the places being restored...but very remote etc......for more info please do contact...delicate flowers need not apply as ever!!!! :) FB @AntiguaMarineLife ;-)
Would a retired R/Sigs, civvie approved JIB electrician be of any help?

How about a Senior Project Manager? ;-)

Might be helpful if you outlined the skill's you are looking for to help you rebuild Moonbase Alpha.

And give pre-emptive answers to:

1. How long you would like people to be there: minimum and maximum,
2. Will they be fed and watered free of charge,
3. Will they have to self fund travel to and from, or is it paid for,
4. Will tentage, dossbag's and cooking equipment be supplied, or have to be self organised,
5. Has a survey been done (by a competent person) to: a. determine works required, b. to make sure the materials for works are on site, c. the equipement to carry out the work is on site.
6. When.
7. Seeing as it appears to be a water based project will there be dive gear available.
8. Will generators be on site for power, or are you looking at solar and what voltage level are you looking to have.

To put it in perspective: There is no point roofers, plumbers and electricians turning up before the brickies, or chippy's. And, there is no point anyone turning up until the raw materials are on site. Pragmatic yes, magician no.

PS I'm a plumber, can do some timber framing, plasterboarding, electrics and dodgy brick laying.

Well I'm an oldish STAB, with bugger all real skills but can turn my hand to just about anything. ( wife will disagree).

What's the pay like.
And can I go fishing?

Can I leave the wife in the U.K.?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I can issue instructions from a nearby inhabited island from the bar. I’m in, only fly business class though. I can do medical type stuff and also shout.

Might be helpful if you outlined the skill's you are looking for to help you rebuild Moonbase Alpha.

And give pre-emptive answers to:

1. How long you would like people to be there: minimum and maximum,
2. Will they be fed and watered free of charge,
3. Will they have to self fund travel to and from, or is it paid for,
4. Will tentage, dossbag's and cooking equipment be supplied, or have to be self organised,
5. Has a survey been done (by a competent person) to: a. determine works required, b. to make sure the materials for works are on site, c. the equipement to carry out the work is on site.
6. When.
7. Seeing as it appears to be a water based project will there be dive gear available.
8. Will generators be on site for power, or are you looking at solar and what voltage level are you looking to have.

To put it in perspective: There is no point roofers, plumbers and electricians turning up before the brickies, or chippy's. And, there is no point anyone turning up until the raw materials are on site. Pragmatic yes, magician no.

PS I'm a plumber, can do some timber framing, plasterboarding, electrics and dodgy brick laying.

Might I add:- Has a method statement been raised?
Will we be under strict Health and safety jurisdiction?
Will PPE be provided ?
Have Comfort facilities been installed IE-: rest rooms, dry room, hot running water, toilets?
Will their be a jiffy wagon coming around at tea breaks?
Any local shops for provisions, papers, fags, and lottery tickets?

PS I'm a plumber, can do some timber framing, plasterboarding, electrics and dodgy brick layin
I have a job for you nearer home. When can you start? Cash in hand, doss bag and shipping container living FOC and all the biscuits you can eat. £30 quid a day no questions asked. £40 if you are pretty and open minded.

Might I add:- Has a method statement been raised?
Will we be under strict Health and safety jurisdiction?
Will PPE be provided ?
Have Comfort facilities been installed IE-: rest rooms, dry room, hot running water, toilets?
Will their be a jiffy wagon coming around at tea breaks?
Any local shops for provisions, papers, fags, and lottery tickets?

That's it, think like the Crabs do, hoping for a 5*, eh

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Call it adventure training or civvie SAS selection and they'll be paying you to go.

Latest Threads