redo - medical

hello, i failed the eyesight test due to colour blindness, however as i knew i was colour blind, i tried to 'blag' the test, only to find out i made it worse, im only very slightly colour blind, and would like to know if you can redo the eyesight tests?

How can anyone be "slightly" colour blind? You either know blue is blue or red is red or you don't. Simple..

"Cut the blue wire"

"This blue wire?"

"That's a bit of green string mate, you've failed".

devilish said:
How can anyone be "slightly" colour blind? You either know blue is blue or red is red or you don't. Simple..

"Cut the blue wire"

"This blue wire?"

LMAO!

at the threastarter i suggest you try to get it corrected unless it also impairs your visional capabilities (which it obviously has done).

Jonathans said:
devilish said:

"Cut the blue wire"

"This blue wire?"

LMAO!

at the threastarter i suggest you try to get it corrected unless it also impairs your visional capabilities (which it obviously has done).
how do you correct colour blindness?????

You haven't read that link you provided, have you? :slow:

robbo9 said:
hello, i failed the eyesight test due to colour blindness, however as i knew i was colour blind, i tried to 'blag' the test, only to find out i made it worse, im only very slightly colour blind, and would like to know if you can redo the eyesight tests?
Robbo,

I am not a doctor but being colour blind in the Forces is a no-no, AFAIK. You would be a risk to both yourself and others throughout your career, and you would not be able to distinguish the fine details of a vehicle or soldier hiding in a wood or an urban environment, let alone monitor warning lights on an equipment.

I am willing to be proved wrong, but I think that will be the consensus.

You can probably appeal, but talk to the ACIO first.

Litotes

robbo9 said:
now, lets clear this up a little

did you fail the eyesight test? in that you found it difficult to read the letters on the white board.

or

did you fail the colour perception test? did they show you a book with pictures in it, that represented a series of numbers.

CP2 - normal colour perception
CP3 - colour blind - mild, usually an individual cannot differentiate between brown and green.
CP4 - severe colour blindness

obviously there are certain trades that you cannot apply to join if you have CP 3 or 4

Bedpan2zero said:
robbo9 said:
now, lets clear this up a little

did you fail the eyesight test? in that you found it difficult to read the letters on the white board.or

did you fail the colour perception test? did they show you a book with pictures in it, that represented a series of numbers.

CP2 - normal colour perception
CP3 - colour blind - mild, usually an individual cannot differentiate between brown and green.
CP4 - severe colour blindness

obviously there are certain trades that you cannot apply to join if you have CP 3 or 4
What letters, Doctor? And where's the white board?

Litotes

Sorry... it will be time for my morning medication soon...

thanks i will be classed as cp3 as im green colourblind does that mean i wont be able to join, im coming up to my second formal interview aswell.

22 years done....RAC....As colour blind as a bat wearing dark glasses! Of course maybe i'm just lucky....but trust me it's possible.

Just can't suss out why all our vehicles are purple!

some people say that they wont accept me and some say ill have no problem guess i will have to wait until selection to find out.

clarkemc said:
some people say that they wont accept me and some say ill have no problem guess i will have to wait until selection to find out.
I like people who answer their own questions - yes you'll have to wait for the doc to give his decision

and youll be ok as CP3