REDCAP

Sorry - but is there a military advisor for Redcap? I was too busy cringing behind the couch to see the titles at the end.

Do police people get embarrassed when they watch The Bill?

"What have you got in here? A chieftain tank?" made me hide - especially when he carried both bergans to the helicopter.

Is it any wonder BB has the wrong idea of squaddies????

V

vespa

in the credits it did say "with FULL support and assistance from the British Army"

if Tasmin can help the army to recruit more i don't see them complaining :lol:

vespa said:
in the credits it did say "with FULL support and assistance from the British Army"

if Tasmin can help the army to recruit more i don't see them complaining :lol:
They haven't got my FULL support.

O

one_flew_over

Come on Dale - it's a drama and I'm sure doctors cringe at casualty! Stop cringing and just enjoy the TV, or better still go down the pub when it's on!

Theres always someone sensible.........

You're round.

Yes - the english is correct.

DING DONG

Ventress

LE
Apparantly there are two RMP WO's (1 & 2) giving military advice.

They obvioulsy didnt spot the fact a WO would never carry a bird Sgt's Bergan to the outbound helicopter!

Even if she is blonde and skinny - as if there are birds like that in the army!!!

I ask you.

(I would have got a boy to carry mine)

Dale The Snail said:
Do police people get embarrassed when they watch The Bill?
Yep, spend most of the episodes cringing especially now that they concentrate on the "soap opera" side of the plot rather than the police procedure side.

My Paramedic partner will not watch Casualty and my doctor father refuses to watch Holby City as well as a matter of fact.

The only decent TV series about the Old Bill was that rather dark series "The Cops" on BBC 2 a few years ago. (you know the one where the WPC's were snorting coke in a night club toilet an hour before early turn, aah the days of youth)

Trotsky

™blondebint™ said:
Trotsky said:
The only decent TV series about the Old Bill was that rather dark series "The Cops" on BBC 2 a few years ago. (you know the one where the WPC's were snorting coke in a night club toilet an hour before early turn, aah the days of youth)Trotsky
I don't know which force you belong to but not one of the many many Police Officers I know would ever take illegal drugs.
Most Police officers are very professional upstanding citizens who don't break the law.
If you know cops as well as you say you do you will realise that such a ramped up "pantomime" view of policing is normally considered very funny in the canteen (see also Between The Lines or GF Newman for example)

FYI I am in the biggest and best force and yes, some police officers take drugs just like any other section of the population. In fact I know of one otherwise admirable officer who ended up having to resign because he had a drugs problem.

Trotsky

O

one_flew_over

ATRA News has an article with the MP's saying what they think of REDCAP. Great show but a pile of crap in reality.

They obviously have researched the logistics side, as the lovely Tamsin has yet to be issued with her "Arrse DPM XXXL".

As an aside, Blondebint has obviously never met my mates in West Yorkshire's finest.

Bert

Old-Salt
'The Cops' was an excellent series.

it finished without warning and they never show re-runs...

(anyone remember 'Warriors', the 2-part BBC drama from a few years back?)