Red Storm Rising - Audio book wanted

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Mr Happy, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

RSR by Tom Clancy is the only book I've read more than once (three times). I was wondering if anyone had the complete unabridged version lurking around??

It should be about 23 discs in size and is available in cassette form only from the US at about $160.

But if anyone had a e-copy lurking around it would be much appreciated.

Mr H
  2. Hi, I got my wife to check my PC at home and yes I have it, its about 830 meg so if you want to PM me your address I am happy to send you a copy this week on a DVD.

3. Or buy the book and read it to yourself, and tape yourself making all kinds of crazy sound effects like tanks rumbling up the streets of Berlin, and American Tankies shouting BIMP, FIRE! or BURDUM, FIRE.

Add some sexy chick voices. If there are no scenes with sexy chicks, invent some and add them in.

And add a scene involving an orgy with a girls convent school and British Soldiers. :lol:
  4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

If you liked RSR ( I did too) try the Team Yankee series by Harold Coyle - follows a mixed Armour coy circa 1982 with the Russkies getting frisky in Fulda.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

team yankee OK certainly the first one was, paled afterwards with each subsequenty outing from Coyle
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

cheers mate, PM en route.

Mr H
  7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

the one in South Africa was pretty apalling!! hehe
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

ahhh the lobbing nuke was OK but the whole apache crew walking for ever and laser light weapons trashing the yanks and some kind of domination of the continent business coupled with a bio weapon...

yes, it lacked what a like to explain to the wife as she nips out to do a bit of shopping with her credit card as "one fcking foot in reality".
  9. Was it called 'Vortex'? Some right wing government takes over South Africa and there's a war with Cubans and Americans and stuff?
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

roger that
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

or more correctly:

Yes over