Red ring of death.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by looney, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have an XBOX 360 with the dreaded red ring of death flashing, any cure for this ?

2. If it is under warranty, there is instructions on the official microsoft web site - (you send it back).

If not you're screwed mate - i am on number 2!

MB

3. ring of death is a common overheating problem. warranty as said, if not you can fix it.
    I hacked

4. Cheers lads, warranty out so ill try the fix.

Regards

looney

5. 160GB PS3 out soon *cough cough*

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

have they still left off backwards compatibility with the new ps3's?? if not, there's bugger all worth playing on the ps3 imo. not at £50 a pop, anyway... the 360 has a far better game library atm, and to be honest sony's arrogance over the whole pricing issue the last few years has made me come to the view that it will be a long while till I buy another of their consoles. the cheeky fcukers.

7. No BC but is anyone honestly that bothered? I sold my PS2 collection ages ago.

Same games as the 360 although the back catalogue for the 360 is slightly superior i'll concede.

Price isn't as bad as it was on launch either and there's integrated wifi as well along with Blu-ray player.

8. Didn't 360 warrantys get extended because of the RROD ?
    I know my kids has been back twice and replaced once, last time the turnround was < 4 weeks

9. bought my 360 second hand (im a cheapskate) got the red ring of death and the store still changed it for me with no warranty, justa receipt?

Also is anyone that bothered about the bluray? the most annoying thing about the 360 was however having to spend a further 50 quid on a wifi adapter!

10. And hard drive.....although I only briefly looked into the Xbox over the PS3...

11. I had RRoD on my release date German 360 and a quick phone call got me the fix, warranty was well out of date. It's down to year of manufacture, if your serial number is on their database and you havent already recieved the fix once then you should be good to get MSoft to fix it for free.

:)