Red Prairie?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by walt_of_the_walts, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a bit of a long shot, but has anyone heard of, or used in the logistics world (military, civil and commercial) of this company and its software?

I am using e2e Consumer driven optimization software known as DLx item management.

Have any arrsers used this software? (or are still using it)

In what capacity and what for?

What do you think of it?

Have you had any problems with it?

RSVP

2. Yes heard of it, seen a little bit of it - not used it. Heard some complaints from those who do use it.

I was involved in the development of a closely related system so I do know some of the background.

BTW - I suspect we are in the same line of work.

Regards

Richie

3. I have used this system for order picking at my old job in a distribution center for Sainsburys.
    I thought it was alright, although not having anything to compare it to. It did have it's problems, such as, if an order had an item waiting to restocked, it would not let us start picking that order until said item was restocked, but it would also not move said order to back of the queue, meaning that we were waiting around for a while until the order could be picked. Some of the guys that had been there longer than me were constantly bitching about it, but I think that was due to the fact the old system gave them a chance to slack off, where as the Red Prairie didn't, and even gave them a time limit to do the task in.

4. UKBA? (Legacy Customs)

5. WOTW

Oh yes - to the west of London in a big shopping centre with runways !

Regards

Richie

6. Company I work for use it(logistics and Warehouse Managment) ... shocking support ...

7. Red Praire is one of the larger sales integrated task progression systems , its used by Unipart and B& Q are just implementing it into their Distribution centres. As with any system implementation is always fun, and techy people move in there own time dimention ,not the real world leaving us in Ops to sort out the day to day.
    Its comparable to JD EDwards etc just dont use the word SAP .......