Votes: 15 14.4%
  • bah humbug i'm off for a beer

Votes: 36 34.6%

• Total voters
Last edited:

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have to say that Red Nose Day passed me by again this year. Not watched live television for a few days and my usual internet channels don't seem keen to cover it. Nothing about it on the DTIC website either (where I have been 'living' for the last many hours).

Nothing worse than enforced joviality. Tonight I shall scuttle down to the pub and indulge in some genuine good fun. Sufficiently loosened by alcohol, I may part with a quid for charity if it is not demanded by some twat in a red wig and 'hilarious' tee-shirt.
You may not find safety in the pub. I walked into a bar in Hythe once, there were 5 or 6 large Tv's on the walls showing the Euro vision Song Contest and to cap it all Fucks Bizz were performing live on the stage.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't that one of those things that looks like a shaved hedgehog that has been tin plated?
Nah, that's one of them beasties what Tony Christie was looking for.

Which Peter Kay mentioned on … yes, on a previous Red Nose day.

I know many don't like Kay but I do, I like Christie and I love that video. Makes me all warm and happy inside. Like a fisting from a Thai masseuse. Featuring the cigar-chewing smeary-in-chief as well, who always had a little something to give to needy children.

Of course, there was also the Army version, which in many ways was even better, especially given the circumstances.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
You may not find safety in the pub. I walked into a bar in Hythe once, there were 5 or 6 large Tv's on the walls showing the Euro vision Song Contest and to cap it all Fucks Bizz were performing live on the stage.
We take over the entire top floor and there are no TV screens. However, it is a pub much frequented by students so some stern looks and discouraging words may be required.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
We take over the entire top floor and there are no TV screens. However, it is a pub much frequented by students so some stern looks and discouraging words may be required.
You must be a very bad man.
You won't give money to Africans and you give stern looks to poor defenceless snowflakes.

Give generously a nd ensure a NGO staff member does not have to travel economy ,why not get a group of friends to club in and raise money for a BMW for the 2nd wife of an African statesman[/B]
Why not buy her a Fiat Punto instead. She can't read so won't know the difference and the remaining dosh can be spent on support for an alcohol fueled evening. :cool:

I envy everyone who will be able to avoid this on the screens tonight... I am doing my usual, I have no life, 2 hours in the gym and can guarantee it will be on all the screens.

In fact I may spend some money on red nose day for once, in this case bribing one of the weight lifters to get a good shot to take out the screens with a well aimed medicine ball.

I have given a generous tip to the staff of the Leigh Arms after an excellent lunch.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
With comedy like that you should really use your talents for good. If only there was a special day put asside for comic talent to raise money for the needy. Never mind eh.
As an aside, I see there's nothing on telly again tonight.
I would do, but Lammy has put the kibosh on a freebie trip to Africa to make a little film with poor, starving and disease ridden black chilluns!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1552670013232.png

Give generously a nd ensure a NGO staff member does not have to travel economy ,why not get a group of friends to club in and raise money for a BMW for the 2nd wife of an African statesman
BMW????

I'll have you know only a top of the range Mercedes paid for by a British charity will do for the wives of African statesmen!.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The13thDukeOfWybourne The Intelligence Cell 232
Clunge The NAAFI Bar 79
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 8