Red Hind Stalking

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by jack04040, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Morning Gents,

    I'm trying to organise a stalking trip for myself and three muckers at the beginning of January next year. Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for particular estates or sporting agents they used? Or perhaps someone out there works in this field ( i'd rather an arrser makes some commission of me than anyone else!). Cheers
  2. PM me your phone number (Landline for preference) and I'll put you in touch with a chap in Argyll.
  3. pm sent
  4. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    I am going in the first week of November, Angus area wherever that is.
  5. who with ugly? ex stab very kindly set me up with a contact but any other recommendations would be great. Also if you don't mind me asking what sort of prices were you quoted? cheers
  6. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Mr Free Market has laid this on, I would describe the costs as being very low in my limited experience (all of my stalking has been lowland woodland in England and free for the last 6 or 7 years). I would expect Hind stalking to be limit free and paid per day at about £70 to £100 with accom for a week about £150 if sharing!
    Personal recommendations are best as always and I think you should book with E_S' contact then write it up good or bad.
    I shall do the same!
  7. I'd be interested in any recommendations too. Since I got my hunting licence my father in law and brother in law keep pestering me to organise a stalking trip to Scotland.

    Slightly OT, how difficult is it to bring rifles into the UK? Is it worth the bother, or is it better just to loan estate rifles?

  8. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    You can get a visitors permit, the rifles need to be Compliant with UK law and calibres with local stalking laws. A sponsor who will do your paperwork (most estates will do this) and an EU firearms pass for the rifles and ammo. Then find some airline who will transport them or drive your car on a ferry!
  9. Cheers Ugly.
    There shouldn't be a problem with legality. My father in law and I both have bolt actions and my brother in law has a single shot break barrel.

    How long does the paperwork usually take, any idea?
  10. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Plan about 6 weeks (thats from the rumour mill) but if I were overeas I would allow 12 weeks.