red Harley Motorbikes

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by binderdundatngotdatshirt, May 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone enlighten me as to which unit used the red HD motorbikes? regards Liam

2. You got a thing about red bikes?

This is the third thread youve started on the subject.

3. Yep, it was the 14th/67th Red Harley Hussars (Davidson's Own).

4. Biscuits I have read a few of your replies to threads over the years and was not 100% certain until today! ;-)~
    Lord flashheart .....it would appear so otherwise i would not pose the question!

5. Do they still exist?
    I have heard the expression "tail gunner on a Harley Davidson" a few times before. I had thought it was in reference to bizarre sexual preferences involving leather chaps and lots of leather tassles.
    I gather these tail gunners hang around in groups and are very "friendly"

6. Three times on three seperate threads??

The clue may be that no-one has replied with a sensible answer so possibly nobody knows or cares.

Why do you need to know?

7. who knows and I certainly dont care!

8. Post Office
    for about 2 days till it rained and they all stopped working
    Agricultural folk-art on wheels,or the rotorvator as transport

9. thanks salford 2nd fella to say it was the posties so ill take it as red pardon the pun!....and whoever asked why i want to know knowledge is power!........actually someone asked me so i thought id ask the experts......Biscuits AB take one step backwards! stand still!!.thanks to the other experts ! :p

10. Open your front door,take a deep breath and step outside you boring cnut

11. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Nope I've never seen red HD's in the Postie units I was in bearing in mind the role role the bikes are used for I don't think they really wish to advertise themselves as a BFO target

12. Mmm. Same reason we 'civilianised' 110 Land rovers when going adventure training. Hand painted them red or blue. They really blended in. :roll:

13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Didn't Dennis Hopper have one?

14. A red hand painted knackered 110 with a plastic boat strapped to the roof?

I dont think so.