Red Friady

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by 52niagra, Apr 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Red Friday - Support our troops and be proud to be British

RED FRIDAYS*

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday.

The reason?

Englishmen and women who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority'.

We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for Country and home in record breaking numbers.

We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing.

We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions

Many English people, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of Britain supports our troops.

Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday and continues each and every Friday
    until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that every Briton who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make Great Britain on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football team

If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family, It will not be long before Britain is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is...'We need your support and your prayers'...

Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear something red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN PASS THIS ON

IF YOU COULD NOT CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON.

IT IS YOUR CHOICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THAT FREEDOM

* LEST WE FORGET.*

2. Forgive my scepticism but we get a load of Jornalists and left and right wing nutters coming onto this site sniffing for a story.

Are you part of an official campaign and if so who runs it?

If not, not a problem - perhaps you could tell usa bit about yourself or your group.

3. Good call indeed, Rickshaw_major!

MsG

4. You might struggle then.......

5. Although it has been a while since I left, if I were asked that question when serving I'd have answered:

- get back to giving us at least 18 months between long tours
    - give us more money and
    - install a massive umbrella over Otterburn

I doubt I'd have ever answered it with: 'We need your support and your prayers'. I was never so insecure with myself that I needed an external display of support.

6. You think the first thing a squaddie would ask for is people's prayers? Maybe not....

7. i have seen this before as a SPAM Idea obviously this one has cut and pasted this from some email originating in the USA and swapped English for Americans, I am offended on two levels, one it's thick, two as a Jock I feel slighted.

8. Its been done for a long time over here in the colonies - I believe it was a Royal Canadian Legion thing here

web site Red Fridays

9. As a sweaty myself I get a FUKCING ANNOYED when people confuse England with Britain and if I were a Paddy I'd get FUKCING ANNOYED and if I was Welsh ........ you get the message.

Apart from the Gods prayers bit which is in itself a bit OTT in modern UK (see what I did there) - it all seems OK - if a bit un-UKish i.e.people actually giving a sh1t :D

However if it caught on it might give the politicos a bit of a frightener.

10. My bolds.

As a Taff, Am I allowed to join in?
    & since when have our football teams had "homecomings".

Bloody septic email spam.

11. If I had a quid for evey 'quote' from an un-named squaddie Ive read which was obviously made up....

I remember when a mate of mine was interviewed by the Sun during P Company, and he was quoted as saying 'There isnt anywhere else in the world Id rather be right now.' I asked him about it later and he told me he never said anything of the sort and would have been more likely to say something like 'Id rather be anywhere else in the world right now, Im in fkng CLIP!'

12. You don't need to wear red on a Friday to support our troops here in the UK. Nor any other colour on any other day. Just wear a poppy and reflect for a couple of minutes every November during Remembrance. Buy a forces charity wristband. Give a little money to a forces charity. If you know one of our brave lads/lasses then give 'em a pat on the back and buy them a drink when they're home on leave.

That's how we do it. With discretion and honesty.