Red flashing light on PS3.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by JINGO, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Regret to inform that at 1914hrs this evening just after tea my beloved PS3 quietly passed away. I was with it at the end holding its controller and I find some comfort in that. I think it knew I was there. There is another blinking red star in the sky tonight.
    Anyway having googled it and read a whole lot of guff. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
    Sleep well my friend
  2. Dusty, very dusty........sniff
  3. Dusty in here. (Probably from your PS3's fan vents.)
  4. Take it that its out of Warrenty?
  5. Oh Dear, Mate had an X Box 360, same issue, the red ring of doom. He left it, cried a bit and walked away slowly. Turned it on the next day and it worked fine! It did produce that ring of fire every few weeks, mainly when it overheated, it would then stall for a couple of days. It didn't live on forever, but it lasted another 6 or 7 months. There's always a chance there's life left in the old dog yet!
    (However it's only 41 days until the Xmas sales start and remember some shops start them at 00.01 on the 25th December).
  6. That can of lager your holding, throw it over it, and claim insurance.
  7. i might have felt a twinge of sympathy if i didnt know that you are worth 3.5 million from the stolen muffcupplings you traded with the arabs in the late 80s early 90s!
  8. A red flashing light you say! Plant it in the garden and soon you'll have your own wind turbine!
  9. JINGO

Yes mate well out! I've seen the various YouTube vids on fixing it but I've got fingers like bananas and a distinct lack of patience
  10. if it's anything like the YLOD then you can fix it, however mine only lasted about another 3 months then died again, the house gets a bit smelly with the corpse of a dead PS3 i ended buyinh a nice shiney new one.
  11. JINGO

Llech I like your thinking. Doonhammer if I go down I'm taking you with me. Your trade in knocked off fish fingers didn't go unnoticed.
  12. JINGO

Yep. It's the same sort of problem. I think I'll just go for the new shiny one.
  13. Hammer a smaller socket over it.
  14. I have a 320gb PS3 for sale with 2 controllers and remote control, hdmi lead, sadly no games. I used the games to get an Xbox 360 MW3
    Any sensible offers over £125 (as game are offering this as trade in)