Red flashing light on PS3.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Regret to inform that at 1914hrs this evening just after tea my beloved PS3 quietly passed away. I was with it at the end holding its controller and I find some comfort in that. I think it knew I was there. There is another blinking red star in the sky tonight.
Anyway having googled it and read a whole lot of guff. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
Sleep well my friend

Oh Dear, Mate had an X Box 360, same issue, the red ring of doom. He left it, cried a bit and walked away slowly. Turned it on the next day and it worked fine! It did produce that ring of fire every few weeks, mainly when it overheated, it would then stall for a couple of days. It didn't live on forever, but it lasted another 6 or 7 months. There's always a chance there's life left in the old dog yet!
(However it's only 41 days until the Xmas sales start and remember some shops start them at 00.01 on the 25th December).

i might have felt a twinge of sympathy if i didnt know that you are worth 3.5 million from the stolen muffcupplings you traded with the arabs in the late 80s early 90s!

if it's anything like the YLOD then you can fix it, however mine only lasted about another 3 months then died again, the house gets a bit smelly with the corpse of a dead PS3 i ended buyinh a nice shiney new one.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Llech I like your thinking. Doonhammer if I go down I'm taking you with me. Your trade in knocked off fish fingers didn't go unnoticed.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
if it's anything like the YLOD then you can fix it, however mine only lasted about another 3 months then died again, the house gets a bit smelly with the corpse of a dead PS3 i ended buyinh a nice shiney new one.
Yep. It's the same sort of problem. I think I'll just go for the new shiny one.

I have a 320gb PS3 for sale with 2 controllers and remote control, hdmi lead, sadly no games. I used the games to get an Xbox 360 MW3
Any sensible offers over £125 (as game are offering this as trade in)

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Sorry FN. It's too late my fingers have already made the purchase. The wife will never know.

That can of lager your holding, throw it over it, and claim insurance.
Good start, bad finish. if the insurance pays out, they'll shove next years premium up by £40 probably, then it'll stay like that for the next 10 years, costing more in the end. I scrapped some old biddies car in a car park (obviously I was a true gentleman and drove off, but the old cow kept tooting her horn, as I didn't know she was sat in it, raining and dark). She put it through her insurance before I had a chance to phone her, cost me £750 (Thanks Toyota) and my insurance (2 months befor no claims bonus) went up by £250, so over the next 5 years that'll cost me £1,250. Next time I'll beat them in to taking cash and signing for it!

S

syledis

Next time , get a cooling fan which plugs into a usb port and is meant for laptops, and sit it on that, as overheating wrecks them