Red devils Jump

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Do you think you can raise £800 in sponsorship as an individual before Sept 15th?

If so and you are under 15st and 6ft tall and in reasonable good heath, do you fancy hurling yourself out of an aeroplane with a dirty great smelly paratrooper from the red devils strapped to your hoop?

If so please PM me, slots available, but please, only if you are serious and feel confident about the money raising.

2. Is this happening in the UK?
  3. Would love to but I'm in the wrong country :(
  4. Would love to, but I'm not jumping out of any plane that ain't on fire, or hurtling to the earth in a death spiral.

Seriously though, I doubt I could raise the money in time either.
    I will however sponsor others who are willing to do it.
  5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh, Go on, Miner. It's fun. You'd enjoy the exhilarating acceleration of the first plummet groundwards!

Sadly I can't raise the money that quickly, being involved in another sponsored effort for another charity in September, but I can recommend the experience to anyone, and would certainly do it again given half a chance. (Not sure about the smelly paratrooper bit, though!)

Referring to another thread, how about your nephew as a candidate? You could take a family vote on whether or not to give him a parachute. ;-)
  6. Will the Red Devil be ex 3 Para mortars?
  7. GRB, I like your thinking on my nephew. :twisted:
    However, he's been on best behaviour since, & did really well in his A-Levels. So he's currently the blue-eyed boy.

We're a fical family. :)

Hurtling to earth with only a sheet to stop me ploughing into the ground like a dart, is not my idea of fun. Being the guy who kicks others out of the plane is though.
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well, the first is excellent news, and the second is understandable. I suppose.

But if a mere girl like me can do it ......
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well, the first is excellent news.

And the second is understandable. I suppose. But if a mere girl like me can do it, there must be some big internet hard man on here who is up to the challenge..

To quote Delia

'Where are you?''
  10. Would LOVE to, but a) 17 stone+, and b) comfortably over 6' tall... plus may not be able to get the sponsorship. :cry:
  11. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Great, my granny can't do it either, she is dead.

Is there any need to tell us you can't do it?

I've a bucket full of places and need them filling. I can't put 'anonymous site user x can't do it because...." on a sponsor form

Come on fcukers, not everyday do you get to hurtle towards the earth with a deviant strapped to your crimper
  12. I always think the Feds must have the best job in the British Army. And they get more totty than the rest of the Para Peg put together. Its so unfair !
  13. Bumpedeebump.

Come on - I'm sure there are (ex-)para's on this website who are capable of raising 800 quid (in- or outside the airborne community) before September 15th and fit enough to do a tandemjump?
  14. Get your money's worth. Do the jump at sunset, take along a couple of cans of wife beater and do a hop and pop. Drift around for fifteen minutes or so admiring the view and chugging the beer. You should have a good start on the others by the time you land.

Be aware the stuff sprays when opened at altitude and can form a layer of frozen piss on your chest under the right conditions, even in an African summer.
  15. Can't do it...but will give £20 sponsorship to the first person who says they will, on this forum! (via PayPal)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.