Red Dead Redemption 2

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently the attention to detail is such that the horse balls expand and contract depending on the weather...

I was both impressed at the detail and amused last night when putting some stuff in the saddlebags and the horse lifted its tail and shat all over Arthur. When trudging through deep snow all characters and animals leave realistic looking tracks in it, and if you brush past the branches of trees with heavy clumps of snow on it realistically falls off. They are tiny details that will probably go unnoticed after a while, but the fact they have put so much effort and man hours into making it look that good is a new benchmark for gaming.

My bounty is mahoosive all over the map. Can't afford to pay it off, keep spunking all the dollars on bathtub handjobs and blackjack. Middle of nowhere and hordes of bounty hunters tip up for a pop.

My bounty is mahoosive all over the map. Can't afford to pay it off, keep spunking all the dollars on bathtub handjobs and blackjack. Middle of nowhere and hordes of bounty hunters tip up for a pop.
Bit like the big market after a derby.

The only reason I want the PC version is down to the graphics, which I know will be outstanding on a high end gaming rig like mine. My PS4 is the old version and not the pro so I'm not sure how big a difference there will be on the visuals (not that I can complain about them on the likes of The Witcher 3 and GTA 5) or indeed if I can fit a 105gb game on my PS4 without having to remove everything else on there.
You can swap out the internal hard drive for something bigger, wack a 2tb one in their will cost peanuts now

So last night I went debt collecting for Herr Strauss (the loan shark of your outlaw gang), one of the unfortunate borrowers tried to make a run for it on his horse which led to a chase across miles of forests, plains and riverbeds. Eventually I shot his horse in the arse with an arrow, then lassoed him off the back of it. Unfortunately he died in the fall and whilst I recovered the debt from his corpse, a horse and carriage came over the hill and the panicked driver started shouting at me about murder, then scarpered off to raise the alarm. 5 minutes later lawmen from the local town came out looking for me which led to another high speed chase on horseback through the forest with bullets whistling past. At one point my horse faceplanted into a tree, throwing me off and leaving the horse rolling around and kicking on the floor. I thought it was dead at first but it managed to get back up and we made our escape. I'd forgotten to mask my face so the game informed me that I'm now known in that town and if I go back I'm likely to be recognised and hunted down unless I pay my bounty.

Loving it so far!

I've got about 80 hours in the game so far and I'm only 3/4 of the way through the story mode. I know people who have completed the story twice by now but by their own admission, they're not exploring the world. They're going from mission to mission etc.

A typical play session for me consists of a couple of hours of exploring the world/hunting or doing side missions or bounty hunting. Then I'll do a couple of main missions to progress things a little.