Red Dead Redemption 2

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you'll have no doubt heard about the sequel to the game of the same name.

Here are the two gameplay trailers, the second released yesterday...

And

Released October 26th.

I've been watching a lot of videos on this one over the last few weeks, I never played the first one but have to say I'm very interested in this one, it looks fantastic! My only dilemma is do I buy it for my PS4 (not a Pro) or wait until sometime next year when they eventually bring it out on the PC?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The original RDR never came out on PC so you might have a long wait!

It’s on my “to get” list.

Right now I’m guiding Miss Croft around a Peruvian Jungle and rather enjoying it, well worth the money if you are s fan of the Tomb Raider franchise.

I have the combat and puzzles set on hard though as it can be a little simplistic if you are used to this sort of game.

MB

The only reason I want the PC version is down to the graphics, which I know will be outstanding on a high end gaming rig like mine. My PS4 is the old version and not the pro so I'm not sure how big a difference there will be on the visuals (not that I can complain about them on the likes of The Witcher 3 and GTA 5) or indeed if I can fit a 105gb game on my PS4 without having to remove everything else on there.

Looks awesome. Never managed to play the first one, so I'm really looking forward to this. It's the only reason I've not sold my PS4 (as I only game on PC atm). The online element should be good too - I'm hoping it's something similar to Westworld.

Can't wait to see how it plays on my One X.. 4k tv on the way as well.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you'll have no doubt heard about the sequel to the game of the same name.

Here are the two gameplay trailers, the second released yesterday...

And

Released October 26th.
Off work the week after release. My position at the top of the achievement leaderboard will be unbeatable in November.

The only reason I want the PC version is down to the graphics, which I know will be outstanding on a high end gaming rig like mine. My PS4 is the old version and not the pro so I'm not sure how big a difference there will be on the visuals (not that I can complain about them on the likes of The Witcher 3 and GTA 5) or indeed if I can fit a 105gb game on my PS4 without having to remove everything else on there.
It'll be 1080p on your PS4, but to be honest I still think PS4 graphics are pretty good considering. The only reason I went back to PC is I prefer keyboard and mouse, and playing RTSes.

It'll be 1080p on your PS4, but to be honest I still think PS4 graphics are pretty good considering. The only reason I went back to PC is I prefer keyboard and mouse, and playing RTSes.
Yeah a lot of PC games are a bit more "grown up" than on consoles, I like playing empire building games and the likes of ArmA 3 or Post Scriptum which are PC exclusives. RDR2 looks great though, although as with the GTA games I wonder if there will be too much to do? I remember when GTA San Andreas came out and you had to feed your character regularly and also exercise them or they'd get fat which became a bit of a chore, and this is a feature of RDR2.

As expected the game is getting rave reviews, unfortunately I'm on exercise this weekend so I'm going to have to wait a bit longer to play it!