Red Cross Parcel Thread

Big red the cinnamon gum, used to ableto get It over here.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Excellent idea, @Kirkz. I've done it myself.

A member here (I won't say who, but it was @greyfergie :)) needed some small parts for an American machine. I got them for him, and rather than dick about with reciprocal payment, we just agreed on a couple food items that he'd send over. One of which was sweetener tablets in dispenser packets, which are pretty cheap from Lidl. Anyway, 290,000 packets of sweeteners arrived in payment for the parts. I may have exaggerated there a little, but it was a shit ton of sweeteners. And some Stilton, which was only slightly more mouldy when it got here.

Another time, I did it the other way. One of the Chinese tool stores here actually give you a multimeter for nothing, if you buy something else, so I said I'd send one to another nameless poster (that was in fact @supermatelot :) ). I'd promised I'd send it, so I did. Turns out the postage was $14 for a "free" multimeter. Live and learn. In fairness, @supermatelot PMs me every few months to see if I want any foodstuffs or whatever sent over, so all good.

The only thing I'm missing right now is Bisto, but I have some on order, if it ever turns up.

The reciprocal cost/postage thing seems to work well, as a general observation. I think I'm down to four packets of sweeteners now, but they last 3 months or something.
You've still got some? Jesus that was years ago!

Big red the cinnamon gum, used to ableto get It over here.
You still can in those awful, over-priced American candy stores that have popped up all over the place.

Simple solution: If you don't like hamburgers just don't eat them. Aversion therapy by putting yellow plastic on them and making them even worse is pointless.

That yellow cheese is the equivalent of a high viz jacket for food. It's a warning.

In all seriousness, some things are considered to be a bit naughty over in the land of the free.

10 foods that are banned in the US
Number 8, the good old haggis. Many years ago a worried member of a Burns Club, over there, was becoming concerned. The Night was approaching and he hadn't received his usual message to pick up said haggis, as well as pay any duty/ handling charges on it. On asking at customs/post office he noticed he was being stonewalled. After explaining he'd had no problem for the last 20+ years getting it, he demanded an explanation. After much huffing and puffing he was informed the reason he'd had no trouble in the past was...., because they'd classed haggis as a vegetable!!

Simple solution: If you don't like hamburgers just don't eat them. Aversion therapy by putting yellow plastic on them and making them even worse is pointless.
I do like hamburgers though :)

The plastic wrapping is to stop adjacent sheets from coalescing into an even worse mess. It's horrid stuff, but to paraphrase Samuel L Jackson, it does make for a tasty burger.

The plastic wrapping is to stop adjacent sheets from coalescing into an even worse mess. It's horrid stuff, but to paraphrase Samuel L Jackson, it does make for a tasty burger.

Well that's a couple minutes of my life I won't get back, cheers :)

Mind you, I imagine the negative health effects of a slice of that stuff is much the same!

You like burgers, the cheese is gopping but you put it on the burgers to make them taste better.

Does not compute. ++?????++ Out Of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

Latest Threads