Red Cross Parcel Thread

Some of the people living across the pond are having trouble getting their hands on certain items from the UK.
So I thought a red cross parcel thread might help.
If there's a particular brand or ingredient you can't get then post it here and we'll see if some one can locate and post it over.
Hopefully it'll be a two way thing as I know when I was State side I liked the vanilla coffee creamer (powder) which for some reason isn't available in the UK, I also used a Benadryl antiseptic stick for cuts grazes itches etc which again I can't find over here.
So if there's an Item you really really want and can't get put it in here and hopefully someone will be able to arrange something.

Last edited:
I'm up for this, providing its not something illegal that will see me sharing a concrete cell with Abu Hamza.

Oh, and you can't have my 6 foot Viking goddess either, she is all mine.

Obviously the sender and recipient would have to liaise to pass personal information IE their address and of course you'd have to be pretty dumb to send something dodgy.
But I'd have no problem sending over food stuffs that people living abroad can't get.

Maybe have this moved to the NAAFI to reach a wider audience and encompass non-culinary items?

My brother in law lives in Philadelphia, every time he comes back, or we go to him it's standard to take over edible chocolate, marmite and Oxo cubes.
In return we ask that they keep everything American to themselves.

It works well.

This is a good idea.
@Roadster280 has already taken up my offer of aiding his diet, by means of allowing him to post me his Big Green Egg thing, in return for some Colmans mustard powder and a tub of Bisto (onion) gravy.

Excellent idea, @Kirkz. I've done it myself.

A member here (I won't say who, but it was @greyfergie :)) needed some small parts for an American machine. I got them for him, and rather than dick about with reciprocal payment, we just agreed on a couple food items that he'd send over. One of which was sweetener tablets in dispenser packets, which are pretty cheap from Lidl. Anyway, 290,000 packets of sweeteners arrived in payment for the parts. I may have exaggerated there a little, but it was a shit ton of sweeteners. And some Stilton, which was only slightly more mouldy when it got here.

Another time, I did it the other way. One of the Chinese tool stores here actually give you a multimeter for nothing, if you buy something else, so I said I'd send one to another nameless poster (that was in fact @supermatelot :) ). I'd promised I'd send it, so I did. Turns out the postage was $14 for a "free" multimeter. Live and learn. In fairness, @supermatelot PMs me every few months to see if I want any foodstuffs or whatever sent over, so all good.

The only thing I'm missing right now is Bisto, but I have some on order, if it ever turns up.

The reciprocal cost/postage thing seems to work well, as a general observation. I think I'm down to four packets of sweeteners now, but they last 3 months or something.

This is a good idea.
@Roadster280 has already taken up my offer of aiding his diet, by means of allowing him to post me his Big Green Egg thing, in return for some Colmans mustard powder and a tub of Bisto (onion) gravy.
Nah, you don't want it mate, they're shite. Here's a ham I did today for the Church dinner tonight. Just dreadful, as you can see. And the house utterly stinks of lovely BBQ ham :)

IMG_6479.JPG

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
My brother in law lives in Philadelphia, every time he comes back, or we go to him it's standard to take over edible chocolate, marmite and Oxo cubes.
In return we ask that they keep everything American to themselves.

It works well.
Not even the cheese?

Old Jamaica chocolate. @Kirkz - find me some of that and I'll send you the Coffeemate/Benadryl combo :)

Not even the cheese?
ignoring philadelphia cheese (with or without chives) which isn't even from philly, have you ever tried American cheese?

I reminded of the things my parents and sister always asked for from the UK (in no particular order): the aforementioned Marmite, PG Tips, Chivers or Rowntrees jelly, Bisto gravy browning powder (NOT the instant gravy granules), Bonjela, and pre-911 and dependent on which airport I was flying in to, bacon and sausages.

There's a difference between "American Cheese" and "Cheese from America".

This stuff is American Cheese, and is every bit as wank as it looks. Its one and only use in this house is on hamburgers.

IMG_1355.JPG

This stuff however is also from America, and is 3-year aged Cheddar. It's strong in taste, a beautiful crumbly texture and is fcuking lush, if cheese is your thing.

IMG_8136.JPG

In fact, it's rather too lush, and I'm on a ferking diet :)