Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Norfolknchance, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An article in today's (Thu) Daily Mail, amateur footballers will face an instant red card for swearing. It goes on to say that it will be pioneered by 20 leagues at the start of next season and could be extended to the Premiership if successful.

Youngsters are evidently copying Premiership stars who "week after week" appear to escape censure for foul and abusive behaviour.

Why not start where the problem really is - the Premiership! The likes of Ferdinand or Cole (any!) don't give a toss about what happens in the minor leagues, they will still get their £100K a week. Take that £100K a week away from them and they would soon clean up their act. This will then give the young stars of tomorrow a far better role model to follow.

Rant over - nurse, bring me the umbrella, I fancy a drizzle.
  2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Interesting one this. The WRU are trying to follow a similar approach to rugby, although not as severe they want to nip it in the bud as such.

Personally I think the easy way to penalise the proffessional player would be a TV ban, basically if you are found guilty of drug taking, drink driving, assault etc. you get a ban from TV (apart from the news). This would force the teams to clean up thier players otherwise no TV revenue. Nice and simple to do, same could be done for swearing, I mean you wouldn't get a TV programme on before the watershed with swearing in why should we have sports games.

3. I thought swearing at thr Ref was a red card offence and foul and abusive language a yellow. It is not the rules but the crap referees who fail to enforce it, complete throbbers of players and w@nk managers who can not bring their 'stars' in to line.

I agree it should be a red and a weeks fine for it. Set an example.

That is why I only pay to see the oval ball game.

Rant seconded.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Lets just scrap football as an idea gone wrong. End to end of the village with a sheeps bladder and no rules sounded great, somewhere along the line we lost the plot.

We invented pretty much every mainstream sport in the world, footy, rugby, cricket, tennis, golf, extreme ironing - why not just come up with something more creative for the 21st century than a bunch of overpaid fashion icons kicking a bag of air around a field with 50,000 people watching?
  5. Amen. If I was a ref I'd give a yellow straight away for any form of abuse aimed in my general direction, Rooney would soon get the idea (from his manager if need be) if he picked up a yellow every game for swearing
  6. knew someone was a ref
    its harder and harder to get refs
    certain pub teams in sussex have been warned if they don't get a grip they won't find anyone prepared to ref there games :(
    but some kiddy matches its positively dangerous not cause of the players but the parents not just chavvy parents but apparently respectable dads completely losing it :evil: