Red Bull & Monster Drinks

Presume giving a child of 12 years old who has ADHD a Red Bull or Monster Drink is a bad idea?
Even if the child is as maladjusted as the father and hope to see the child go hyper as the father has no control.
After all they are not staying at my house as not sure the father an old mate from years ago is house/toilet trained yet at 56!

I think I know the answer but just in case i am wrong........
Don't forget the free puppy.

Definite links to depression and suicide, don't touch the stuff and deffo don't let kids drink it.

Watch how many kids are walking to school in the morning munching crisps and chugging red bull as their nutritious breakfast...

Definite links to depression and suicide, don't touch the stuff and deffo don't let kids drink it.
I would hazard a guess that those links are in heavy users that are drinking lots of cans every day.

In terms of what's in it, it's no worse than a sugary coffee. Per 100g:
Red Bull = 30mg caffeine and 10g sugar
A coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar = 40mg caffeine and 8g sugar

I would also expect people knocking back half a dozen coffees per day to have some noticeable health effects.

Watch how many kids are walking to school in the morning munching crisps and chugging red bull as their nutritious breakfast...
Yep, not so much where I am now but in my previous school it was routine. Said kids are then off the wall by 9am, in a sugar low and borderline comatose by lunchtime and then off the wall again in the afternoon.

Never mind the ********* in the Science Museum who decided to sell schoolchildren in uniform espressos. That was an amusing coach ride back :rolleyes:

How very American of them.

It amazes me here, in the mornings the queues at the drive thru windows of Mickey D's, Burger King and the other fooderie's are mile's long. Then I see them strutting around with their litre cups of fizzy drink and a breakfast bun, or couple of donuts..........for @#$%&)! breakfast, then they wonder why they suffer the highest incidence of obesity and diabetes in the western world.

How very American of them.

It amazes me here, in the mornings the queues at the drive thru windows of Mickey D's, Burger King and the other fooderie's are mile's long. Then I see them strutting around with their litre cups of fizzy drink and a breakfast bun, or couple of donuts..........for @#$%&)! breakfast, then they wonder why they suffer the highest incidence of obesity and diabetes in the western world.
Darwinian natural selection.

Get the child/victim to neck down Monster as a larger can & tons more sugar to hype the child up with.
Sit back and watch the retard get hyper, not you child so not your responsibility at the end of the day!

All very disappointing as the ADHD loon drank milk instead and told me Red Bull was bad.
Seems even is special education they learn about good and bad food & drink, I blame to school!
But he did seem to be bouncing off the wall still on the white stuff and Part II possibly next weekend.

I would hazard a guess that those links are in heavy users that are drinking lots of cans every day.

In terms of what's in it, it's no worse than a sugary coffee. Per 100g:
Red Bull = 30mg caffeine and 10g sugar
A coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar = 40mg caffeine and 8g sugar

:rolleyes:
Yes and no. You might have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, then pudding, then coffee. Meanwhile in Glasgow someone necks half a bottle of Buckfast and goes looking for a fight. Same alcohol, sugar and caffeine in theory, but a very different affect.

Caffeine hit is probably 3x the required dose to send a child completely nutty plus the added sugar rush. This will kick in within 15-30 minutes and last about 4 hours.

NHS-UK
Potential risks associated with energy drink consumption include:

• caffeine overdose (which can lead to a number of symptoms, including palpitations, high blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, convulsions and, in some cases, even death)
  • type 2 diabetes – as high consumption of caffeine reduces insulin sensitivity
  • late miscarriages, low birthweight and stillbirths in pregnant women
  • neurological and cardiovascular system effects in children and adolescents (raised blood pressure, palpitations, raised heart rate)
  • sensation-seeking behaviour
  • use and dependence on other harmful substances
  • poor dental health
  • somewhat ironically, given their association with sportiness, obesity
Also, seizures in some cases, plus nausea, vomiting, headaches / migranes even after one can.

Oh, and the caffeine hit is followed by an equivalent low, so depression, fatigue etc.

NAAFI hat on:

Hell, yeah, and mix it with a couple of shots of Vodka. What harm can it do?
I wasn't warned about the Diabetes effect, I assumed if you went for a low/no sugar red bull it was ok

Perhaps it's not so bad if you have low blood pressure