Red Bull & Monster Drinks

Presume giving a child of 12 years old who has ADHD a Red Bull or Monster Drink is a bad idea?
Even if the child is as maladjusted as the father and hope to see the child go hyper as the father has no control.
After all they are not staying at my house as not sure the father an old mate from years ago is house/toilet trained yet at 56!

I think I know the answer but just in case i am wrong........

Presume giving a child of 12 years old who has ADHD a Red Bull or Monster Drink is a bad idea?
Even if the child is as maladjusted as the father and hope to see the child go hyper as the father has no control.
After all they are not staying at my house as not sure the father an old mate from years ago is house/toilet trained yet at 56!

Give the little chap a drum as well.

Pity this isn’t the NAAFI, lots of original advice could be gleaned there.
But since it isn’t, why would you want to fcuk around with a child's head like that, might be amusing to watch, but mean spirited to do so. Adults are one thing, but doing shïte to other peoples kids is another story.....

but doing shïte to other peoples kids is another story.....
If this were in the Naafi I'd mention Roman Catholic Church, but it isn't, so I won't

Unless a Mod moves it, as the replies maybe more entertaining?
in that case I'd be mentioning the Roman Catholic Church, but at present, I shouldn't, because it isn't, so I won't

Caffeine hit is probably 3x the required dose to send a child completely nutty plus the added sugar rush. This will kick in within 15-30 minutes and last about 4 hours.

NHS-UK
Potential risks associated with energy drink consumption include:

• caffeine overdose (which can lead to a number of symptoms, including palpitations, high blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, convulsions and, in some cases, even death)
  • type 2 diabetes – as high consumption of caffeine reduces insulin sensitivity
  • late miscarriages, low birthweight and stillbirths in pregnant women
  • neurological and cardiovascular system effects in children and adolescents (raised blood pressure, palpitations, raised heart rate)
  • sensation-seeking behaviour
  • use and dependence on other harmful substances
  • poor dental health
  • somewhat ironically, given their association with sportiness, obesity
Also, seizures in some cases, plus nausea, vomiting, headaches / migranes even after one can.

Oh, and the caffeine hit is followed by an equivalent low, so depression, fatigue etc.

NAAFI hat on:

Hell, yeah, and mix it with a couple of shots of Vodka. What harm can it do?

Caffeine hit is probably 3x the required dose to send a child completely nutty plus the added sugar rush. This will kick in within 15-30 minutes and last about 4 hours.

NHS-UK
Potential risks associated with energy drink consumption include:

• caffeine overdose (which can lead to a number of symptoms, including palpitations, high blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, convulsions and, in some cases, even death)
  • type 2 diabetes – as high consumption of caffeine reduces insulin sensitivity
  • late miscarriages, low birthweight and stillbirths in pregnant women
  • neurological and cardiovascular system effects in children and adolescents (raised blood pressure, palpitations, raised heart rate)
  • sensation-seeking behaviour
  • use and dependence on other harmful substances
  • poor dental health
  • somewhat ironically, given their association with sportiness, obesity
Also, seizures in some cases, plus nausea, vomiting, headaches / migranes even after one can.

Oh, and the caffeine hit is followed by an equivalent low, so depression, fatigue etc.

NAAFI hat on:

Hell, yeah, and mix it with a couple of shots of Vodka. What harm can it do?

how about a nice cup of coffee?

The kid will love it, parents not so much.

Maybe best to avoid caffeine pills like ProPlus as there is a risk of overdose if the kid eats a dozen in one go but a can of red bull should be safe enough.

Like @CaptainRidiculous said, give the soon-to-be hyperactive lunatic something they can make an annoying noise with for maximum effect. I recommend one of those party hooter things or a big bag of party poppers:
hooter.jpg

At 12, he may be on the verge of puberty.
So give him some 'top shelf' literature, and laugh as he thraps his way to insanity.
Oh his Father has a top collection unless the wife has found them.
I only know this as I might or might not have been allegedly in the same shop when he purchased his mags
I will deny it all officer!

The kid will love it, parents not so much.

Maybe best to avoid caffeine pills like ProPlus as there is a risk of overdose if the kid eats a dozen in one go but a can of red bull should be safe enough.

Like @CaptainRidiculous said, give the soon-to-be hyperactive lunatic something they can make an annoying noise with for maximum effect. I recommend one of those party hooter things or a big bag of party poppers:
View attachment 388521
Top Trumps; Bar Party Stadium Collapsible Horn Football Soccer Game Competition Vuvuzela UK for sale online | eBay

I know someone who used to give the kids cheap sweets and fizzy drinks in the car as he drove them back to their Mum's (his ex) on a Sunday night.

Passive-aggressive behaviour at its best.