Red Books

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by clownfish, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if the Red Book is still issued after discharge and if so how long does it take. cheers

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Appears not. There are hundreds of threads on this, try the search jobby.

3. The AB 108A/B/X is now a collection of certificates, I got four not including the 22 year one. Took about two months after I got out.

4. You should get your certs and veterans badge in a oner, I received 3 sets of each, they sent a set to my new work, new address & old address.

5. I got a print out of courses completed, ranks and date promoted and A 108 on a piece of photocopy paper, no read book.

And although some scoff, I wear my Veterans badge with pride.

6. Me too, I wore it to a Remembrance service last year and at the curry lunch in the mess afterwards i had a number of officers ask me what it was.

7. Out 2 years plus and nowt after many many many calls and waits in for the "we will call you back". call.

Still who do I call this year to wait some more?

8. Out 2 years plus and nowt after many many many calls and waits in for the "we will call you back". call.

Still who do I call this year to wait some more?

9. check PM

10. I remember people telling me that on the page covering transferable skills of an infantry private it said factory worker,manual labourer or garage forecourt attendent.
    I thought this was a military urban myth until I actually saw my mates one around 1990.
    Surely this has changed?

11. As said above, there is no longer a 'Red Book', just a collection of Certificates of Service, Discharge and a Testimonial saying what a great bloke you were while you were in.