Red Books

elovabloke

ADC
Appears not. There are hundreds of threads on this, try the search jobby.

The AB 108A/B/X is now a collection of certificates, I got four not including the 22 year one. Took about two months after I got out.

You should get your certs and veterans badge in a oner, I received 3 sets of each, they sent a set to my new work, new address & old address.

I got a print out of courses completed, ranks and date promoted and A 108 on a piece of photocopy paper, no read book.

And although some scoff, I wear my Veterans badge with pride.

Me too, I wore it to a Remembrance service last year and at the curry lunch in the mess afterwards i had a number of officers ask me what it was.

Out 2 years plus and nowt after many many many calls and waits in for the "we will call you back". call.

Still who do I call this year to wait some more?

Out 2 years plus and nowt after many many many calls and waits in for the "we will call you back". call.

Still who do I call this year to wait some more?

check PM

I remember people telling me that on the page covering transferable skills of an infantry private it said factory worker,manual labourer or garage forecourt attendent.
I thought this was a military urban myth until I actually saw my mates one around 1990.
Surely this has changed?

As said above, there is no longer a 'Red Book', just a collection of Certificates of Service, Discharge and a Testimonial saying what a great bloke you were while you were in.