RED BOOK

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by parasigs, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit of a bone and boring question, and probably wont make a long thread, but can anyone answer this for me?

WHAT IS IN MY RED BOOK, HOW LONG AFTER CLEARING SHOULD I GET IT, IS A P45 IN IT, AND DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CHASE IT UP?(CAUSE I HAVE NO DOUBTS THAT THE ARMY WILL F*CK IT UP).

CHEERS ALL...........

2. This sounds like a thread for WasMe!

Mate, the RedBook will no doubt be fucked up. But have you tried phoning Glasgow?

3. Was called AF B 108 (ADP) Certificate of Service seven years ago, used pages 3 and 4 to form my references for employers when I got out, worked pretty well. Its how they muck up your pension you should worry about!

4. Not yet, thought id give it til the end of the week. U got a number for glasgow?

And ive got copies of my write up and certificate of service(the piece of paper with my no. and name and exemplary service!) from my chief clerk but not got the actual book yet. but what else is in there?

And p45?

5. Para no you dont get your P45 with it but a nice certicate!! Your P45 should come tru the post. Give me till moday and if you havent heard anything by them PM me and i will check mine for a contact number

6. P45 isnt overly important as you dont need it to get a job as your new employer can knock you up a p46 and you just sign the bit that says "only job" and away you go.

7. How long have you been waiting? And was all your Discharge Paperwork completed in a timely manner or last minute.com?

My Discharge paperwork was completed in a timely manner, or so I believe! and my Red Book landed on the door mat on my Last Day of Service - and yes I did think that was a rather spooky conicidence!