RED ARROWS BANNED!

#1
This makes my blood boil :x :x :x :

I trust this will be of interest to you all.
The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".
Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British". Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain
The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.
It is to be hoped that common sense prevails
If you disagree with this decision, please sign the petition on the link below:http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012
Please do forward this on to everyone you can.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS PEOPLE!! :x 8O :evil: :evil:
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#2
How many more people are going to post this crap.
 
#3
I wonder what plans , if any , the Government has to ensure all who come to the games , whether as participants or spectators , leave the UK at the end of them ?????
 
#4
We should make the banning of the Red Arrows a sticky, then we wouldn't have to put up with the rightous indignation of those to lazy to do a search!!!!
 
#7
Smudeger67, OldBaldy, all the others who have been negative - it is time to wake up and smell the coffee gentlemen! This glorious country is getting it up the hoop from all sides and our glorious Labour politicians are rolling over, in fact not rolling over, but actively helping the enemy. In my day and book that is treason and should be treated as such.

I don't want to see any more old saxon churches turned into mosques, I don't want any more aliens (can i say that) coming into Dover all full of aids and don't want to see the needles and filth on the streets. Anglo people need to start fighting back or our country is lost and we will be in the NORTH SEA! Everyone needs to write to their MP and challenge people who are willing to go 'more mr muslim, mr immigrant, take more, hmmm more' or we are done for.

WHO'S WITH ME!

Sorry but tired of it all now./
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#8
hotel_60 said:
Smudeger67, OldBaldy, all the others who have been negative - it is time to wake up and smell the coffee gentlemen! This glorious country is getting it up the hoop from all sides and our glorious Labour politicians are rolling over, in fact not rolling over, but actively helping the enemy. In my day and book that is treason and should be treated as such.

I don't want to see any more old saxon churches turned into mosques, I don't want any more aliens (can i say that) coming into Dover all full of aids and don't want to see the needles and filth on the streets. Anglo people need to start fighting back or our country is lost and we will be in the NORTH SEA! Everyone needs to write to their MP and challenge people who are willing to go 'more mr muslim, mr immigrant, take more, hmmm more' or we are done for.

WHO'S WITH ME!

Sorry but tired of it all now./
What the hell has that got to do with the Red Arrows?
 
#11
chocolate_frog said:
We should make the banning of the Red Arrows a sticky, then we wouldn't have to put up with the rightous indignation of those to lazy to do a search!!!!
Yes, but in the interest of community spirit, here's the link to the non-story thread, including the RAF statement about how this isn't true:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=1570004.html
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#12
#13
#14
hotel_60 said:
You do the math.
Well, far be it from me to let facts get in the way of a good old rant.
 
#15
hotel_60 said:
TankiesYank said:
chocolate_frog said:
We should make the banning of the Red Arrows a sticky, then we wouldn't have to put up with the rightous indignation of those to lazy to do a search!!!!
Yes, but in the interest of community spirit, here's the link to the non-story thread, including the RAF statement about how this isn't true:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=1570004.html
You do the math.
Bore off throbber
 
#16
FACTS? We are out of the reealm of facts now - it's all spin and chunder. But even if no one else does I WILL WEAR MY VET BADGE AND RED ARROW SUPPORTERS BADGE WITH PIDE!
 
#17
Raf statement printed below

Don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers!
Back to news article list

There has been a lot of speculation recently both in the media and online regarding whether we have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics, and we are getting an increasingly large amount of enquiries from people wondering whether or not to sign online petitions. We are very happy to tell you that the story is complete rubbish! It’s far too early for either us or the organising committee of London 2012 to discuss any participation by the Red Arrows in the celebrations. We plan our display season one year in advance and so we’re currently busy trying to organise our 2008 display season. We would like to thank everyone for their support – but hope that the truth behind this story will put everyone’s concerns to rest.
 
#19
Anglo-Saxons

They aren't even the Natives anyway. Last time I checked they came from the Fuhrer Badlands. What the bloody hell is a Briton anyway. I don't think it's something that can be racially or ethnically classified.

Oh yeah and then wasn't this place taken over by Normans and Vikings for abit.

What about those Celts eh.

And isn't everyone Christian because some Blokes from Rome were converted and then converted everyone else.

So what the bloody hell is the Culture of the country anyway. Confused nonetheless.

---

Whatever the case, banning the Red Arrows is nonsense. Reckon the Chinese are going to ban their might in Beijing 08? They're actually going to do the polar opposite. So why can't we.
 
#20
Steezy said:
Whatever the case, banning the Red Arrows is nonsense. Reckon the Chinese are going to ban their might in Beijing 08? They're actually going to do the polar opposite. So why can't we.
Exactly, Stevey, exactly.
 

Latest Threads

Top