RED ARROWS BANNED!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by hotel_60, Oct 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This makes my blood boil :x :x :x :

I trust this will be of interest to you all.
    The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".
    Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British". Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain
    The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
    The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.
    It is to be hoped that common sense prevails
    If you disagree with this decision, please sign the petition on the link below:http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012
    Please do forward this on to everyone you can.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS PEOPLE!! :x 8O :evil: :evil:

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

How many more people are going to post this crap.

3. I wonder what plans , if any , the Government has to ensure all who come to the games , whether as participants or spectators , leave the UK at the end of them ?????

4. We should make the banning of the Red Arrows a sticky, then we wouldn't have to put up with the rightous indignation of those to lazy to do a search!!!!

5. Exactly, OldTimer. This country is going down the sh!tter and people won't stand up and say it...

6. Is this the 3rd, or 4th time this pish has been posted?

7. Smudeger67, OldBaldy, all the others who have been negative - it is time to wake up and smell the coffee gentlemen! This glorious country is getting it up the hoop from all sides and our glorious Labour politicians are rolling over, in fact not rolling over, but actively helping the enemy. In my day and book that is treason and should be treated as such.

I don't want to see any more old saxon churches turned into mosques, I don't want any more aliens (can i say that) coming into Dover all full of aids and don't want to see the needles and filth on the streets. Anglo people need to start fighting back or our country is lost and we will be in the NORTH SEA! Everyone needs to write to their MP and challenge people who are willing to go 'more mr muslim, mr immigrant, take more, hmmm more' or we are done for.

WHO'S WITH ME!

Sorry but tired of it all now./

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

What the hell has that got to do with the Red Arrows?

9. Banned from olympics, BRITAIN and they are PRIDE of Britain. Err..you do the math!

10. British pride is not constituted by racism.

11. Yes, but in the interest of community spirit, here's the link to the non-story thread, including the RAF statement about how this isn't true:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=1570004.html

12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

13. You do the math.

14. Well, far be it from me to let facts get in the way of a good old rant.

15. Bore off throbber