Red Arrow Down - 20/03/18

I wonder whether it is a Red Arrow's jet, or one of the many 'normal' Hawks operating out of Valley (after all, this is the Mirror!) I hope the detail regarding the pilot is more accurate, and that he/she is safely back on terra firma enjoying a stiff drink!

Edit: and the back-seater, as now being reported as 2 POB.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Red Arrows are based at Scampton aren’t they?

This happened at Valley.
BBC News right now saying Red Arrows regularly fly to Valley. This jet had taken off to return to Scampton.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
BBC "Two crew aboard."

Interesting item from RAF on facebook about 20 mins ago:

Following the aircraft incident at RAF Valley earlier this afternoon, if you were an eyewitness, please send any photographs of the incident to our rafwebadmin@btconnect.com address. Any images may help with an investigation. Please DO NOT share these online. Please be sensitive to the ongoing situation, thank you.

I wonder whether it is a Red Arrow's jet, or one of the many 'normal' Hawks operating out of Valley (after all, this is the Mirror!) I hope the detail regarding the pilot is more accurate, and that he/she is safely back on terra firma enjoying a stiff drink!

Edit: and the back-seater, as now being reported as 2 POB.
It is Red Arrow,sadly.

From the Beeb.

"It is understood two people were on board the aircraft and eyewitnesses said they saw one figure eject from the jet. Their condition is unknown."

Bugger. Hope all ok and accounted for.
Thought both seats are sequential if both armed ? Or have I got that wrong ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One dead, apparently. Welsh news @ 18:00 and Look north 18:30.
According to news reporter friend on the spot.
Bummer! Always sad to hear of training accidents but that is the nature of the job at times.