Red Arrow Ban

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Sparky2339, Aug 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got a forwarded petition from a mate, that disagrees with the banning of the Red Arrows flying as part of the opening ceremony etc at the 2012 London Olympics.

Anyone heard of this?

Oh, and does anyone know what happened to the old Lightning that was on display at the roundabout at Ferranti/Bae near the Gyle, Edinburgh?

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

This is a load of rubbish. No ban has been set. It appears to be an internet hoax, and is at least a year old.

3. I saw the Red Arrows show over New York City a few weeks ago. I was on a boat so I got a great view. A good show.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The thousands of people who have seen this posted here roughly fifty times already I'd imagine.

If you go to the petition you'll see the Governments response (.i.e the story is bollocks).

5. There were a few articles in the press on this about a year ago, something to do with them being too British and being the military it might upset some countries. I'm inclined to agree with Command_doh that it is complete nonsense.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

7. Guys cheer up, here is a little piece of news for anybody in the Exeter/Dawlish area tomorrow.

Eat your heart out with this lot. Timings from Exeter Airport

14th August - Dawlish Display (Add 5 mins or so from the eta for Dawlish which is Exeter airport)

Type ETA ETD ETA
    Tornado x 2 1645 1745
    Hawk x 2 1545 1610
    Tucano TBA TBA
    Red Arrows 1424 1652 1725
    Jordanian Falcons TBA TBA
    Lancaster, Hurricane 1000 1100
    & Spitfire

(Sorry forgot to add) Typhoon 1620 1645
    (Please let the weather be good)

HH

8. Cheers lads.

Should've used the search facility (I normally do) :oops:

It did seem a bit suspect - even for this PC daft society - so I thought I'd check with the fount of knowledge that is ARRSE.

Many thanks and my apologies.

Now. Where is that cnuts email address....

Edited to add; anyone know what happened to the old Lightning???

9. Tangosix :D

Many, many thanks for that. It was funny watching them trying to get it along the road past lamp-posts and what is now SCA Packaging, shifting cars etc.

It was good to see that film. I also laughed when I saw the old parked Austin Princess and the Police Rover's.

And it's in the Museum at Dumfries aaaahhh.

Thanks once again Tangosix :D

10. I think you'll find it's a big kind of sporting event with lots of running, swimming, sailing etc. Try tuning into BBC 1 anytime this week and you will get the idea.

11. Is that what all that is??? Everytime I tried to find Kilroy-Silk, Trisha or Jeremy "chav baiter" Kyle there was aw this sports stuff on....

Thanks Ethel :D that made me laugh out loud!!!

12. Let's not stop there with the Crimson Crabs (Red Arrows as named by the RN :clap:)

BAN THE ENTIRE CRAB AIR FARCE :wink:

13. Mind you, the gubmint would say the story is bollox, they lie about everything else. Seems to me the PC think tanks have more say about day to day life, and what we can and can't do, so I suppose the final decision will be made by a limp-wristed leftie scared of offending anyone EXCEPT the country he works for.