Red AQs peak cap.

Discussion in 'REME' started by Crafty990, Dec 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was looking for mess dress on E-bay when I came across this, It has an AQ's rank on the cap and is bright red. Can someone shed some light on this. Just thought it was of interest.

Attached Files:

• cap.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • cap.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • cap.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Thought it was that unusual I'd post the photo 3 times.

3. Not seen before :?

4. I think it may well have belonged to a chap called A. Walter. 49 Cdo. :roll:

5. That is one of the biggest loads of shite I have ever seen.

Looks like something Flash would wear with his arseless chaps to the local gay Mardi Gras parade.

6. Think you might just be right there fellas. It said it was from the 1950's, thoght it might have been some old cavalry insistance that went out of fashion.

7. Looks like an old Lancers twat hat with the edge painted silver for effect. Never seen anything like it before, but some daft fcuker will buy it for a few squid.

8. Someone at DEME(A) won't be happy. Thats the new Corps hat that goes with the new barrack dress due for issue on Apr 1st next year :D

Cats out of the bag now 8)

9. Only the prototype, you wear your minatures on the left hand side (this way it leaves plenty of room for your poppy on the right on Rememberance day.

10. ooooo! That is a good idea, I'm thinking skilly instructor badges would appear somewhere for RQ's.

11. With a TRF on the back so that they can see we is REME from behind!!

12. Don't laugh I have seen people at BN's do that with their "wings".

13. Well what ever it is, it looks gay as fcuk!! Why on earth would you want to wear your rank on your hat, not to mention the deeply homosexual colour of it!!

I bet the proud owner looked a complete w@nker in it, but he probably thought he looked special!

T_M

14. It's got to be a wind up? Note both badges have HMQ II crown so post 1953. Is there perhaps a hint of frontiersman about this crazy adornment?

15. Ive heard all RS will be getting them issued at training establishments...........its gospel honest. 8)