Red AQs peak cap.

I was looking for mess dress on E-bay when I came across this, It has an AQ's rank on the cap and is bright red. Can someone shed some light on this. Just thought it was of interest.

Attachments

Thought it was that unusual I'd post the photo 3 times.

Not seen before :?

That is one of the biggest loads of shite I have ever seen.

Looks like something Flash would wear with his arseless chaps to the local gay Mardi Gras parade.

Think you might just be right there fellas. It said it was from the 1950's, thoght it might have been some old cavalry insistance that went out of fashion.

Looks like an old Lancers twat hat with the edge painted silver for effect. Never seen anything like it before, but some daft fcuker will buy it for a few squid.

E

EScotia

Someone at DEME(A) won't be happy. Thats the new Corps hat that goes with the new barrack dress due for issue on Apr 1st next year :D

Cats out of the bag now 8)

EScotia said:
Someone at DEME(A) won't be happy. Thats the new Corps hat that goes with the new barrack dress due for issue on Apr 1st next year :D

Cats out of the bag now 8)
Only the prototype, you wear your minatures on the left hand side (this way it leaves plenty of room for your poppy on the right on Rememberance day.

ooooo! That is a good idea, I'm thinking skilly instructor badges would appear somewhere for RQ's.

T

the_mentalist

Well what ever it is, it looks gay as fcuk!! Why on earth would you want to wear your rank on your hat, not to mention the deeply homosexual colour of it!!

I bet the proud owner looked a complete w@nker in it, but he probably thought he looked special!

T_M

the_mentalist said:
Well what ever it is, it looks gay as fcuk!! Why on earth would you want to wear your rank on your hat, not to mention the deeply homosexual colour of it!!

I bet the proud owner looked a complete w@nker in it, but he probably thought he looked special!

T_M
Ive heard all RS will be getting them issued at training establishments...........its gospel honest. 8)

Some one who's left the mob, found a cav hat he had once, and his reme and rank.

Thought.

Why not.

banged it on ebay and made a ton on it.

To be fair, the EBay seller of this abomination is not offering any other items of militaria and there are none in the 85 completed listings for him. I suspect that he bought/came across this bastardisation already created by some joker and is merely trying to sell it on at a profit. I would have thought that he could have made more by selling 3 separate items (2 at least of which are genuine)!

EBay item link

T

the_mentalist

The_IRON said:
the_mentalist said:

T_M
Ive heard all a] RS will be getting them issued at b] training establishments ...........its gospel honest. 8)
Edited to read: a] Artisans b] rank of Sgt and completion of 20 years service.
:D :D

T_M

Mr_Creosote said:
That is one of the biggest loads of shite I have ever seen.

Looks like something Flash would wear with his arseless chaps to the local gay Mardi Gras parade.
I doubt it.... even Flashy has standards, low though they might be!

Litotes