Reference Image Recycle and Reused – Captured vehicles and armour under new management

As the thread title says, "Recycle and Reused – Captured vehicles and armour under new management" … at least it will give people ideas for something different what it comes to markings and paint schemes :)

“War Daddy II,” a captured American Sherman (left) is tested against a German Panther and other tanks

War Daddy II,” a captured American Sherman (left) is tested against a German Panther and oth...jpg

I think that's a UE tractor with a PAK37
0.jpg

Described as: A British Loyd Chassis modified with a 10.5cm main gun for German service
A British Loyd Chassis modified with a 10.5cm main gun for German service.jpg

A captured American M15 halftrack in German service
A captured American M15 halftrack in German service.jpg

A captured German SdKfz 7 artillery tractor in the Western desert, 22 February 1943.

A captured German SdKfz 7 artillery tractor in the Western desert, 22 February 1943..jpg

A captured Russian T-20 artillery tractor in Germans use. Germans would often modify the chassis with a 37mm PaK 36 anti tank gun mount.

A captured Russian T-20 artillery tractor in Germans use. Germans would often modify the chass...jpg

A couple of SDKFZ 251s, now in US service

A couple of SDKFZ 251s, now in US service.jpg

A SdKfz 251-1 getting a look over and new markings by Scottish troops

A SdKfz 251-1 getting a look over and new markings by Scottish troops.jpg

American soldiers prepare a captured German 88mm gun for firing against its former owners while a half-track that originally belonged to the Germans brings ammunition forward.

American soldiers prepare a captured German 88mm gun for firing against its former owners whil...jpg

Americans enjoying a captured Volkswagen Typ 166 Schwimmwagen on the Elbe River

Americans enjoying a captured Volkswagen Typ 166 Schwimmwagen on the Elbe River.jpg

Australian tanker waves from the turret of an Italian M13/40 light tank captured by the 6th Australian Divisional Cavalry in Cyrenaica, Libya, on March 4, 1941.

Australian tanker waves from the turret of an Italian M13.40 light tank captured by the 6th Au...jpg

M5? Beutepanzer
Beutepanzer .jpg

British Firefly in German service

British Firefly in German service.jpg

British troops of the 5th Division using a captured Schwimmwagen, Monte Cassino, Italy, January, 1944.

British troops of the 5th Division using a captured Schwimmwagen, Monte Cassino, Italy, Januar...jpg

Captured French Char B1 bis in German service

Captured French Char B1 bis in German service.jpg

Captured German half-track SdKfz 10-4.

Captured German half-track SdKfz 10-4..jpg

Captured KV-1 with KWK 40 cannon

Captured KV-1 with KWK 40 cannon .jpg

Captured Schwimmwagen.

Captured Schwimmwagen..jpg

captured Soviet KV-1 tank

captured Soviet KV-1 tank.jpg

Daimler Dingo captured by the Germans

Daimler Dingo captured by the Germans.jpg

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel watching battlefield 1941 Tunisia in Captured British armoured truck

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel watching battlefield 1941 Tunisia in Captured British armoured truck.jpg

German captured M4 Firefly

German captured M4 Firefly.jpg

German half-track Sd.Kfz. 250/9 Captured in American markings.

German half-track Sd.Kfz. 250-9 Captured in American markings..jpg

Germans mount 20mm flak gun on British Bren gun carrier

Germans mount 20mm flak gun on British Bren gun carrier.jpg

Goliath
Goloiath .jpg

M3 Stuart captured by the Afrika Korps

M3 Stuart captured by the Afrika Korps.jpg

M4A3 (76) Sherman medium tank, captured and pressed into service by the German army

M4A3 (76) Sherman medium tank, captured and pressed into service by the German army.jpg

Panzerjäger Bren 731(e), a captured Bren Gun Carrier armed with three panzerschreck and a machine gun, serving as a highly mobile tank hunter.

Panzerjäger Bren 731(e), a captured Bren Gun Carrier armed with three panzerschreck and a mac...jpg

Panzerjäger R35

Panzerjäger R35 .jpg

Polish 7TP captured by Germans, recaptured by Americans

Polish 7TP captured by Germans, recaptured by Americans.jpg

Sdkfz259-D USA

Sdkfz259-D USA.jpg

The famous Cuckoo, this panther was captured and used by the 4th Coldstream Guards, 6th Guards Tank Brigade.

The famous Cuckoo, this panther was captured and used by the 4th Coldstream Guards, 6th Guards...jpg

Not strictly armour or a vehicle but I thought I'd include the following:

58th LAA Regt RA using a captured 88mm against it's previous owners. I've accompanied the picture with a war diary insert. This is the unit my Grandfather was with during WW2. I might even be him using the 88mm, but I'm not able to id him.

large.jpg
P4040216.jpg

Captured Crusader
0e39dc20078501e76b3a936e2efc4ed2.jpg

Captured (I don't know, Bedford, Comer) some one will be able to identify.

bc733de75aa334f50f9002edd9e48c0a.jpg

Captured Humber Armoured car

6af79fa96a5d5721270ce850e06ae7e1.jpg

Captured SDKFZ 251 in use by a field Regt RA in the Guards Armoured Div.

3103214233_a83248f9ac_o.jpg

Although not strictly under the OP heading but it's definitely under new management.

save001812.jpg