Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recy mech /light calv crew man

I have nothing but huge respect for REME recovery mechanics and their work. Always needed at the worst possible times. They don’t always have the chance to stand around and smoke a rollie and chat about the job, but have to think fast and crack on. In Canada, that meant dragging a Warrior that had collapsed a trench with a man buried inside. Sadly, that guy didn’t make it, but the speed and skill the reccy mechs worked was remarkable, and will always remain with me.
Top people who get to drive the second coolest vehicle in the army.
And, as @Arte_et_Marte says above, you will be shown how to do lots of interesting things which may be useful in later life.
Best of luck with whatever career choices you make.

I have nothing but huge respect for REME recovery mechanics and their work. Always needed at the worst possible times. They don’t always have the chance to stand around and smoke a rollie and chat about the job, but have to think fast and crack on. In Canada, that meant dragging a Warrior that had collapsed a trench with a man buried inside. Sadly, that guy didn’t make it, but the speed and skill the reccy mechs worked was remarkable, and will always remain with me.
Top people who get to drive the second coolest vehicle in the army.
And, as @Arte_et_Marte says above, you will be shown how to do lots of interesting things which may be useful in later life.
Best of luck with whatever career choices you make.
What’s the first coolest vehicle ?aha

Latest Threads