Recruits driving me mad!

come on FLL, beast me, you know you want to, you know I want you to, lets do it!!

FLLnurse said:
Perhaps it's not a case of shouting at them more or beasting them round a parade square? We could try motivating new members of the units setting goals and rewarding high performance.

I know this all sounds a bit PC but surely an internally motivated soldier is better than someone who needs constant threats to perform?
So when the sh*t hits the fan and it's all hands on deck we should give them goals to achieve just to make sure they pull their weight!!!!???

Boll*cks!, the whole reason the British Army used the "Old fashioned" way of training was to make sure that if the circumstances arose where JFDI was needed then the tom did it without back chat automatically.

I for one, would not have been impressed if I was treating a casualty, and I told a tom to do something and was answered with why?!!! An intense course of attitude rehabilitation would have been diagnosed if it had.

This never happened as the bods knew the score, the line was drawn in the sand but never crossed so to speak, and they were happy with that, however it seems the ability for people to draw a line in the sand has been taken away by all the liberal arrseholes who seem to make policy everywhere.

I pity those good soldiers who are still in swimming against the tide.

FLLnurse said:
Perhaps it's not a case of shouting at them more or beasting them round a parade square? We could try motivating new members of the units setting goals and rewarding high performance.

I know this all sounds a bit PC but surely an internally motivated soldier is better than someone who needs constant threats to perform?[/quote

FLL,
Are we talking soldiers or training pooches here? rewarding high performance? How's about they wear the uniform and play by the rules the army of today is too soft.

Best army in the world? we are having a laugh...........

We have a similar problem in the RLC, soldiers coming from traning that are next to useless. But what gets me is that our heirarchy like to see old skool Cpls getting to grips with the U/S w*****s and beasting them till they bleed(ok Not quite bleeD), But when it comes to getting promoted the old skool Cpls are getting left behind and the younger ones are overtaking in promotion.

I believe there is a conspiracy, the Army is getting rid of all the old and bold who knew what the good old days were like and belive in, and are promoting the new skool bods so that they can make way for all the political correctness that is ruining a once great Armed Forces.

JJB
Having served in both RLC Regt and with medics, I feel for you, the medic recruits have issues but within your corps they are much worse, as for your conspiracy theory, Its probably down to the excellent managers and bosses you have in your corps!!

I was once told to be cautious at DMSTC as the phase 2 recruits there will either try to shag you or fight you, and occasionally do both at the same time.

Having experienced neither during my time there, I'm not sure as to whether I was fortunate or not.

It sounds to me that your recruit doesn't want to be a CMT,put her on F Med 4 or B Med 27 duty and forget about her.Maybe she will transfer to being a Clerk, thats what happened in my day, though some shite CMT,s did get through. 71-96.

Latest Threads