Recruitment

Tony_O

Swinger
Out of curiosity, why don’t the SBS (R) offer a DCE for candidates?
Presumably the selection process for UKSF(R) is a common syllabus that 21/23 conduct with absolutely no issue with DCE candidates.

What does a young man with 18 months RMR service, who has hit no more than the minimum annual commitment have that a motivated candidate for 21/23 hasn’t?

Out of curiosity, why don’t the SBS (R) offer a DCE for candidates?
Presumably the selection process for UKSF(R) is a common syllabus that 21/23 conduct with absolutely no issue with DCE candidates.

What does a young man with 18 months RMR service, who has hit no more than the minimum annual commitment have that a motivated candidate for 21/23 hasn’t?
Your presumption about a common syllabus is wrong...

I don’t think it is.

Are you suggesting SBS (R) complete regular selection as reservists? Nonsense Alfred.
yes.

next.

From their website (Special Boat Service Reserve | Royal Navy)

"Successful candidates will need to display a high degree of commitment and fitness as the majority of the selection process is conducted to regular standard alongside the regular component. "

Last edited:
I don’t think it is.

Are you suggesting SBS (R) complete regular selection as reservists? Nonsense Alfred.
oh, and as of yesterday, any trained reservist can now attempt regular selection direct to UKSF units.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are you suggesting SBS (R) complete regular selection as reservists?
Bits of it, yes.

, it isn’t as of yesterday. SBS (R) have been accepting tri service applications for quite a number of years. You have zero gen.
Read what he said again. He's talking about the regular units, not SBS(R). Only one of the regular units has previously accepted tri-service reservists.

You have zero gen.
He's correct. You are not.

and they'll refer to the DIN released yesterday...

A great opportunity for Reservists in all honesty.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are four members who regularly post gen- they’ll maybe help
Are any of them current members of the SF recruiting team? If not then I'm not sure what they're about to add to this conversation that you haven't already been told.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any reservist can apply to join a regular element of UKSF? Ha utter tosh lads.
You are suggesting that a reservist not on FTRS can tip up for 22 selection.

@The_Duke
@Bravo_Bravo
@Sarastro
@haloman
Are four members who regularly post gen- they’ll maybe help.
Sorry fella, Alfred and Caecilius are both correct from what I can see. Not seen a DIN, but it makes sense.

Also in case any aspiring knife fighters can read this through the black nasty: reservists definitely don't need to be FTRS to apply. I mean think about it: given that 90% of FTRS roles are occupied by overweight 50-something LEs, and seem to be given as life appointments, that would be a spectacularly self-defeating rule. Unless the plan is to suffocate or bore HM's enemies to death. The manning training margin is designed for cases like this.

Sorry fella, Alfred and Caecilius are both correct from what I can see. Not seen a DIN, but it makes sense.

Also in case any aspiring knife fighters can read this through the black nasty: reservists definitely don't need to be FTRS to apply. I mean think about it: given that 90% of FTRS roles are occupied by overweight 50-something LEs, and seem to be given as life appointments, that would be a spectacularly self-defeating rule. Unless the plan is to suffocate or bore HM's enemies to death. The manning training margin is designed for cases like this.
They might be running it like Samson where selection is on RSDs then if successful FTRS(FC) contract. It'll probably be in the DIN.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 7
J Royal Navy 5
Effendi US 27

Latest Threads