Recruitment Timescale

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by ShinyMan, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question for anyone who might be going throguh the recruitment process for the Int Corps at the moment. I'm considering a change of career and wondering how long it usually takes from application to P1 as i understand some trades only recruit once or twice a year.
  2. How long is a piece of string?
  3. half the length from the middle.
  4. My son woderick was also wodnering.................
  5. schoolboy error :)
  6. ?????????????????
  7. Just adding a further question what might be a thread that belongs in the joining up section, but I'm wondering:
    For P1 training is it all with everyone of the same cap badge or is P1 generic and mixed cap badges? Otherwise I'm wondering if there's only intakes of Int Corps into P1 at limited times during the year..
  8. Surely twice half the length?
  9. It's actually twice the length from the middle. That would be two halves.
  10. Well, i've finally taken the plunge and submitted my application form for the Army. Taking my BARB test next week at which point i hope to get the necessary score to apply for the Intelligence Corps. I've taken it previously and scored high enough but we'll see what happens. I get the impression my application might take slightly longer than usual as i have to have a seperate interview and wait for my paperwork to come through from Glasgow as i've previosuly been in the TA.

Slightly nervous about the whole thing as, if successful, i'll be taking quite a substantial pay cut from my civilian career but it's not all about the money and my biggest fear is reaching the time in my life where i might end up regretting having never served.