Recruitment questions

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ITMatt, Jan 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've recently completed an online application to join the Royal Signals. First of all, I was wondering when the AFCO's are open again after the festive season?

Also, I had a name change about 2 years ago, and when I was completing the application form, it didn't ask for my birth name, as this has not been changed. Will this not cause a problem? My passport is in my new name?

Thirdly, I have never registered with a GP and the last time I did have to see a doctor, they could not locate my medical records. They have recommended that I sign up with a GP, but this will only date back to when I signed up with them. Will this cause any problems with my application?

Finally, out of general interest, what is the recruitment picture like at the minute i.e. is it slow, are they behind, are they flooded, etc?

Thanks,

Matt

2. Even though you've done an online application i would advise you go into the ACIO/AFCO as soon as it opens as all the online office does is pass on the lead sheet to the local office (phone them, they should have answer phone message when open next).

Change of name wont be a problem as long as its been done official, just take all documentation in with your application forms.

GP could be a problem, register ASP with your new GP and when you get your RG8 (health questionairre) the GP should hopefully have any records available frm the NHS registry. It will then be up to the SMO at ADSC if he proceeds with your application with limited history......you dont know until you try.

Cant answer the last question about the current recruiting numbers, not in the job anymore.

3. Thanks, Iron.

What are the chances of an ACIO being open tomorrow?

4. Why don't you just give them a call instead of bleating about it here?

It just seems so...pointless.

5. yeah there should be someone there as most acio have some amount of cover over christmas and new year

6. SM, I'm only posting here for now, as the ACIO was closed over xmas.

I will give the ACIO a call tomorrow to see if they're open.

Thanks,

7. Im currently training to be a Communication Systems Operator in the Royal Signals, numbers in the Signals are at a steady level, but you should have no problem getting a training date pretty soon!

8. I had the same problem that only came to light as I needed a new passport before going on Ops.

It was squared away very quickly with no fuss at all.

Don't worry about it, just make sure you do what The IRON suggests and you will be fine.