Recruitment questions

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by ITMatt, Dec 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've recently completed an online application to join the Royal Signals. First of all, I was wondering when the AFCO's are open again after the festive season?

Also, I had a name change about 2 years ago, and when I was completing the application form, it didn't ask for my birth name, as this has not been changed. Will this not cause a problem? My passport is in my new name?

Thirdly, I have never registered with a GP and the last time I did have to see a doctor, they could not locate my medical records. They have recommended that I sign up with a GP, but this will only date back to when I signed up with them. Will this cause any problems with my application?

Finally, out of general interest, what is the recruitment picture like at the minute i.e. is it slow, are they behind, are they flooded, etc?

Thanks,

Matt

2. Most AFCOs are open on Monday 7th. They are the best people to answer ur questions. Good luck.

3. Hi ITMAT,

Get yourself over to The Training Wing and pose your question there. The_Iron will hopefully pick it up and should be able to answer all your questions, having worked quite recently in an ACIO (I think, T_I sorry if that is wrong). Best of luck though.

Jimima