Recruitment process

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Mogzieno1, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, this is my first post. I filled in an army interest form two weeks ago at the AFCO and still havent received any reply. How long does it normally take to process?

I Stay in dundee so i think its the Black Watch , correct me if im wrong.

Cheers

2. You may find that the people who you would normally deal with are away on Easter leave. leave it another 2 weeks then phone.

3. I contacted my prospective unit to by told they are on "stand down" which I assume is a nice way of saying "hop it, we're on our jollies".

4. just like other jobs army gets seasonal leave too depending..

5. about 2 weeks after sending my form I got a call from what I belive is a telemarketing company rather then a army line. Reguardless they were helpful and arranged a TA presentation at my local career office this thursday! Just wait out my friend! Hope this helps!

A_M

6. Hi Mogz

If you are looking to join the TA Infantry (A Coy, 7 Scots)

Try Calling this number

01382 461 221

The pleasant man on the other end will sort you out.

Good luck :D

sweats

7. Thanks for all the replies guys!

Morgan

8. u fill in the interest form
    wait a few weeks
    get a phone call
    go to an 'informal' interview
    go to your local unit pending on what you want to do
    have a more formal interview there
    get given application forms
    have to go get eyesight prescription and doctors to fill in your vaccination form - takes a week of two
    then send them or take them all in
    wait for a letter saying we have recieved your application
    wait
    wait till they contact ur reference and they have sent/given their reference for you
    wait
    go for medical + barb tests
    wait
    go for recruit selection day/weekend

thats as far as ive got so far and its taken 3 months

9. Hanging on seems to be a common theme.......

I applied online, this was followed up by a phone call from what sounded like a recruitment agency who arranged an appointment at my local Army Careers office

Went along for this expecting it to be a formal interview only to be handed a questionnaire asking questions I had already answered, was given a DVD and a leaflet about my local unit (there are a few, so narrowed it down to the one that interested me), and was told that they would contact me to arrange a visit to the unit

Heard nothing, so on own initiative went down on parade night, and filled out MORE forms :x

Since then, remainder of first night was cleaning rifles under instruction, second parade night was circuit training followed by a bit of a social - next is a drink driving lecture - had medical and need to go back with a letter from my GP, but unit staff have been very positive and helpful with dates and advice on attending selection weekend

Guess showing up on a parade night at least shows your keen - and if I hadn't I doubt the paperwork would have ever surfaced, and I'd never have been called! Also gives you a chance to meet and greet the people you are commiting to join