Recruitment portal/call centre on strike?!

Hey guys and girls.

Husband is having problems with the bloody portal again, and no one is answering the phones on any phone number. Are they all on strike or are Wednesdays now knock off early days?

Anyway... all his correspondence is being sent to our old address, despite us living here for over two years. He’s tried to change it on the portal (when it works), I’ve changed it three times for him and it just resets itself. Phone calls are no good when no one answers. Is there any way to change the goddamn address so he actually receives the forms he’s meant to fill in?

All they’ve done so far is resend them to the WRONG address!! (I’m aware I could travel back down to London and knock on the door to ask the bloke for them - it may be quicker)

It’s so frustrating - this bloody form is the last thing to do now.

Thanks in advance

Just be patient, they take ages to answer, but they will eventually so long as you're calling within open times. If they don't help you then just go down to your local AFCO in person and they'll get things sorted for you.

@Vodapo I’ve tried calling all day. Put the phone down after it ringing for an hour and half with no answer. We don’t have a local AFCO - nearest is an hours drive away and hubby works 16 hour days. No point me dragging the child on public transport as they won’t tell me anything

Calling them is the only way to get your address changed I think. They kept telling me to add an address even though I already had until one of them offered to change it for me. It never takes me more than 10 minutes to get through.

@Vodapo I’ve tried calling all day. Put the phone down after it ringing for an hour and half with no answer. We don’t have a local AFCO - nearest is an hours drive away and hubby works 16 hour days. No point me dragging the child on public transport as they won’t tell me anything
All I can say is just be patient. They take bloody ages to answer the phone at the NRC. AFCO can take a long time to answer too sometimes but you could try giving them a ring - it's likely that they'll have fewer people trying to get through and they might still be able to help you.

It's just probably down to understaffing but still very frustrating. I can't believe the recruiting process is so tedious even when they are having trouble recruiting enough people.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6
Line_Grunt Jobs (Discussion) 133
Forces_Sweetheart Army Pay, Claims & JPA 4