Recruitment of ex FofS/YofS types

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by DeeJay, Feb 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just been approached by a civvie contractor in Basra asking where he can recruit ex Foremen or Yoemen. Apparently he wants to "Give them loads of cash to do what's probably an easy job"

No-one I've asked knows of any suitable web sites or publications that I can recommend to him. Apparently Jimmyinbusiness has gone out of business and although there was some talk of recruiting through arrse, nothing seems to have come of it.

Has anyone got any suggestions I can pass on.

2. :D There are a lot of credible recruiting agents/companies in the UK for this sort of work who give you the facts, medical care, paid flights, free food and accom when in country.

Someone coming up to me in Basra asking that questions may be geniune however also may be from one of the cowboy companies who are in for a fast buck. No job is easy money when there is a lot on offer !!!! If its really big bucks for any easy job look for the catch. Lots of civvie contrators and bg's etc have lost their lives in Iraq doing easy jobs !!!!!!

See your ressettlement officer/Pathfinder mag for relevant companies. :D

3. So, some sort of Royal Signals resettlement organisation? The sort of organisation that offers advice on the resettlement process, lists of jobs currently available and particularly suited to members of the Corps, useful snippets on cv writing and things?

How about the, er, Royal Signals Resettlement Office at Blandford which offers advice on the resettlement process, lists of jobs currently available and particularly suited to members of the Corps, useful snippets on cv writing and things.

It isn't a secret, it is publicised in the Wire and Journal and is the top hit if you google for "Royal Signals resettlement" Anyway, try http://www.army.mod.uk/royalsignals/resettlement/index.html

Funny, that.

4. The Fofs have a group on Yahoo,
    JimmyinBusiness is due back on line shortly.