Recruitment frustrations

Would be keen to know if anyone else is having similar experiences at the moment.

I've been booked onto AOSB briefing since October, it was due to be tomorrow. One hour ago I got a phone call from my CSM saying I can no longer attend due to reduced covid capacities and theyre conducting roof repairs. We've been living with the reduction in capacity for almost a year now.

They've suggested my new briefing date would be July.

Irked at the fact its a notifcation 24 hrs before, it's a 4 hour drive for me so I'd booked a bnb and booked time off work to prep.

Aware I'm just ranting into the void here, but I would be genuinely interested to know if this is a common occurance at the moment. Also, is this the kind of thing you can expect once you actually commission, or is it just capita?

I'm happy to wait as my circumstances are OK, but surely this sort of last minute changes would screw over people currently job hunting.

Last edited:

QRK2

LE
Not good for you at all, but probably best to think of it as an insight into the way the Army treats it's people.

There's an age old phase 'on the bus, off the bus'.

Small consolation to yourself, though as highlighted above consider it as a taste of things to come.

My favourite memories of 'on the bus, off the bus' were 'transiting' through RAF Brize Norton and flying back from Bastion. You can be held in limbo for days potentially :smile:

QRK2

LE
Small consolation to yourself, though as highlighted above consider it as a taste of things to come.

My favourite memories of 'on the bus, off the bus' were 'transiting' through RAF Brize Norton and flying back from Bastion. You can be held in limbo for days potentially :smile:

Why is it that 'limbo' was always on the way home, not the way back to theatre?

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
Frustrating, but remember once you're in it's their time and money that gets wasted! If it's any consolation the army is very good at equality when it comes to giving people the run-around.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would you have preferred to have been told during the arrival admin brief at AOSB?

Would you have preferred to have been told during the arrival admin brief at AOSB?
Granted, that would have been more annoying, although at least if I was there in person I might have been able to kick up a fuss!

Not much I can do now anyway so looks like I'll have to zip it and grit my teeth. Thanks for the insights lads.

Not good for you at all, but probably best to think of it as an insight into the way the Army treats it's people.

It nothing like real army, in the real army they would have let him arrive for the briefing and then told him it was cancelled.

QRK2

LE
Granted, that would have been more annoying, although at least if I was there in person I might have been able to kick up a fuss!

Not much I can do now anyway so looks like I'll have to zip it and grit my teeth. Thanks for the insights lads.

:thumleft:Right up there with 'On the bus, off the bus' is 'If you don't have a sense of humour you shouldn't have joined'

Latest Threads