Recruitment Age Raised

Hii guys,

I will be 34 on 20th November 2019. Can I still join as regular soldier?
If you'd read the rest of the thread you'd know it was now up until 36.
50 for the reserves.

MayfairJoe

Swinger
On my intake the older lads were in far better shape than the younger lads. Better diets, less smokers, fitter, stronger and better soldiers. No idea why there even is a top age limit if you can match your juniors.

On my intake the older lads were in far better shape than the younger lads. Better diets, less smokers, fitter, stronger and better soldiers. No idea why there even is a top age limit if you can match your juniors.
Because a lot of older people cant match the youngsters.

A lot of youngsters can't match other youngsters, and from what I've seen, most of the youngsters don't match the lads who are 30 or so.
I'd say you haven't seen very many then. I can't remember the exact age when people hit peak fitness but it was around 25.
As someone in his 40s who used to be a bit of sprinter in his youth it was around my late 20s when I noticed I wasn't as fast as I used to be. Many of my peers were similar. There are always exceptions but generally those coming first in cross country or even a PFT were youngsters.

MayfairJoe

Swinger
I'd say you haven't seen very many then. I can't remember the exact age when people hit peak fitness but it was around 25.
As someone in his 40s who used to be a bit of sprinter in his youth it was around my late 20s when I noticed I wasn't as fast as I used to be. Many of my peers were similar. There are always exceptions but generally those coming first in cross country or even a PFT were youngsters.
The question is, what does it matter? If a 40 year old passes his CFT (...and at the same level as an 18 year old) then who cares?

Latest Threads