Recruiting that works

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by tarich_23, Jun 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone have any ideas for recruiting in to units. We've tried all the usual but still only attract a trickle of suitable people through the door. Any ideas greatly apprieciated.

2. knock off with all that excercise crap and i'll be around next Tuesday night.

3. msr

msr LE

4. Start a World War, seems to have worked in the past.

5. By exercise i assume you mean the physical type. We're a Logistic corps unit, the most 'exercise' we get climbing into the wagon

6. Do you really expect hordes of volunteers to be beating your door down ?

7. Don't expect any press ups I'm not as young as I used to be. When is pay day?

8. If you re-role your unit as some sort of sneaky black-ops style "A Team" type thing, you'll have all sorts of people applying.

Do you need a neck snapping instructor?

9. Not expecting hordes, truthfully i'm not 'expecting' anyone i just wondered if anyone had tried the 'non-traditional' methods of getting people in. Local shows and fayres just get interest from old and bold or gobby kids too young to join anyway.

Has anyone tried specific targeting, catering colleges as an example(we need chefs) or motor trade training places. Just looking for ideas.