Recruiting Poster

#1
Just want to know what you lads think of our latest recruiting poster

 
#3
^ The funnyness of your posts is wearing off mate. Seriously, step away from the jokes...
 
#4
devilish said:
^ The funnyness of your posts is wearing off mate. Seriously, step away from the jokes...
Recruitment is not a laughing matter Mr
 
#5
Although I was a REG (ARAB) and think that most of the TA are just taking the P1ss and joining only for the bounty and the trips to the beach, you can't get away from the fact that many of them are good blokes and want to be a do well in the TA and are held back by people in the TA that only want to have a bit of fun!!

AND you also can't get away from the fact that about 25% of man power on tour is supplied by the TA/reservist!! So stop abusing them and help recruit them into the regs!
 
#6
abs4253 said:
More cost effective than the millions of pounds they army spends on fruitless recruiting campaigns
I'd love to hear how you arrived at that conclusion.
 
#7
13_EA_72 said:
Although I was a REG (ARAB) and think that most of the TA are just taking the P1ss and joining only for the bounty and the trips to the beach, you can't get away from the fact that many of them are good blokes and want to be a do well in the TA and are held back by people in the TA that only want to have a bit of fun!!

AND you also can't get away from the fact that about 25% of man power on tour is supplied by the TA/reservist!! So stop abusing them and help recruit them into the regs!
TRIPS TO THE BEACH?? You are having a laugh!
 
#8
tommycooker1914 said:
devilish said:
^ The funnyness of your posts is wearing off mate. Seriously, step away from the jokes...
Recruitment is not a laughing matter Mr
Now that's better! Almost funny this time..
 
#9
Devilsh, this is not Charlie Chaplains latest film, its not ment to be funny
 
#10
tommycooker1914 said:
Devilsh, this is not Charlie Chaplains latest film, its not ment to be funny
No, getting cold again, try sarcasm or dry wit....or am I missing something?
 
#11
tommycooker1914 said:
13_EA_72 said:
Although I was a REG (ARAB) and think that most of the TA are just taking the P1ss and joining only for the bounty and the trips to the beach, you can't get away from the fact that many of them are good blokes and want to be a do well in the TA and are held back by people in the TA that only want to have a bit of fun!!

AND you also can't get away from the fact that about 25% of man power on tour is supplied by the TA/reservist!! So stop abusing them and help recruit them into the regs!
TRIPS TO THE BEACH?? You are having a laugh!
ermm no having served in germany you used to have a programme on there called scene here and on that the showed what other parts of the army were upto and the STABS were always going to the accesion isles and the likes, but being an ARAB I never got a sniff of any of those places!!
 
#12
13_EA_72 said:
tommycooker1914 said:
13_EA_72 said:
ermm no having served in germany you used to have a programme on there called scene here and on that the showed what other parts of the army were upto and the STABS were always going to the accesion isles and the likes, but being an ARAB I never got a sniff of any of those places!!
Poor old regs next time I get asked to go to accesion Isles you can go in my place.
 
#13
abs4253 said:
13_EA_72 said:
tommycooker1914 said:
13_EA_72 said:
ermm no having served in germany you used to have a programme on there called scene here and on that the showed what other parts of the army were upto and the STABS were always going to the accesion isles and the likes, but being an ARAB I never got a sniff of any of those places!!
Poor old regs next time I get asked to go to accesion Isles you can go in my place.
Lol thanks I'll remember that lol!
 
#14
The furthest I've been with the army is STANTA, although nearly went to Edingbrough.. Although I have been gliding, like up in the air and everything, and I'm not a chef!

I don't think the poster will work, it's not quite with the times.
 
#15
TA_sig said:
The furthest I've been with the army is STANTA, although nearly went to Edingbrough.. Although I have been gliding, like up in the air and everything, and I'm not a chef!

I don't think the poster will work, it's not quite with the times.
what did you think of the nissan huts at STANTA?, I spent 5 weeka down there on my optag training. Must be one of the worst camps in the UK training area is fantastic though.
 
#16
So much for fruitless campaigns of advertising. Ignore the rubbish which the news tells us about recruitment. I joined a year ago (along with 11other people at one squadron during one month) on the back of a) the current fruitless advertising and b) as a direct result of the IRAQ conflict

Oh and I also joined so that the judge at the time wouldn't jail me, but that's another story
 
#17
bazzinho said:
I also joined so that the judge at the time wouldn't jail me, but that's another story
Judges, eh? They're a crazy bunch, aren't they!

Similar situation for me (apart from the threat of spending time at HM's pleasure) - there were seven or eight of us who joined one company at the same time after seeing fruitless advertising. We're all still in after a year and a half.
In fact, we always have new people walking in through the door. This might be because our recruiting sgt works closely with the local regular recruiting team (or at least nicks their swanky caravan/display stand thing a lot) and gets around a lot (!).
We also don't seem to lose many blokes. I know of only a couple from my company who've left, and that was one to the police and another because his wife threatened him with castration if he went on ops.
So forgive me if some of this recruiting/retention debate baffles me, because my unit seems to be bucking the trend, luckily.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top