Recruiting of child soldiers into the Guards

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 2/51, Jan 6, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been said many times that the UK is one of the few places that children can join the military. We know under age children joined during WW1, but here is proof that the Guards are going beyond what is reasonable. ;)

• Like Like x 24
    • Funny Funny x 13
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Utter tosh.
    1. The Army Apprentice College is a learning established, with frequent OFSTED inspections.
    2. Under 18s cannot deploy on Op Tours, on the very rare occasions it has mistakenly happened, they've been brought back to the UK ASAP. With shit hitting fans here, there and everywhere.
    2/10, must try harder.....

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 17
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yep, the British Army has very tight controls about age and where soldiers serve.

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 5

4. 1355331549061.jpg

• Like Like x 33
    • Funny Funny x 8
  5. Look at the video, mongo.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sense of humour failure......Check
    Total ARRSE Fail.....Check

:D

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 7
  7. Nice watch - love the fact that one of them came back - must have made his day

- called recruiting that is......

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
  8. The fat whore. Cave the little cunts skull in.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Glad to see its brought out your maternal instincts....

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Myra Hindley walt........

Too soon?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Is that the Alice that Christopher Robin went down on?

• Funny Funny x 3
    1. The Army Apprentice College teaches bayonet charges on live pigs, the "students" are then forced to remove the inner workings of the pig and spend the night inside the carcass.
    2. 12-17 year old army cadets are deployed in Afghanistan as we speak. They are called upon to act as a defensive "smoke screen" so that regular troops can operate safely behind a human shield. A tactic learnt from the Taliban.

0/10, must get out more!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I used to go to the Royal Tournament as a child (no, not dressed as a child, actually a child) and as my father worked behind the scenes, we often got to mingle with the performers.

It was the kindness shown by various soldiers, letting me wear their head dress, sitting in a Landy or Scorpion etc etc that made me want to sign on the dotted line in later life.

My best moment was being hoisted onto a horse and a Hussars busby placed on my napper and then handed a sword! Would never happen these days lol.

• Like Like x 16
  13. Isn't the wee one actually an Irish Guard? From the leprechaun company i think.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. They make em smoke too! Oh the inhumanity!! I'm going to write to the Times.......

• Funny Funny x 1