Recruiting info please

My brother is set on joining the Engineers at some point in the near future. He is slightly overweight (but I'm helping him with training to get him fit before he steps a foot over a recruiter's door) and is slightly shortsighted. Is there a cut-off level for shortsightedness?

eSeL said:
My brother is set on joining the Engineers at some point in the near future. He is slightly overweight (but I'm helping him with training to get him fit before he steps a foot over a recruiter's door) and is slightly shortsighted. Is there a cut-off level for shortsightedness?

Either wait until someone who knows replies or ring the ACIO they should be able to tell you.
I don't think there is a cut-off level for shortsightedness for the majority of trades, the only things I can think of are colour blindness for Sparkies, EOD and possibly some Fitter variants like HVAC.

There may be a restriction on him becoming a diver though, not too sure.

As long as its not this sort of short sightedness he should be ok and good luck to him.

AB_Logs said:
Expect a bunch of wedgeheads gobbing off about how cruicial their role is. How the army cannot operate without them. How they are the EOD experts. How no ther part fo the army perfroms artisan trades. Oh yeah, and how they can easily re-role to perform as dismounted infantry.

Should be very interesting.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39033#695213